New Years

Dpmcleod

Earning My Ears
Looking for some advice. We are coming down for new years and may have a few more people joining us. As if now we have 4 adults and 3 kids. This can grow up to 7 more adults and 5 more kids.

Soooooo

We know the parks are going to be very busy and we thinking of going to a paid event

That said anyone have ideas on what to do at New Years itself?

I was thinking

1. Find a spot on property that isn't as crowded but still had a vibe happening

2. Top of the world lounge if it is in play

3. Something close by. We are staying at the Riviera.

4. Just bite the bullet and go to Epcot

We are pretty flexible so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

1 does not exist.

2. TOTWL is a paid event NYE, cost unknown yet I think. If past holds true, as a DVC event you can bring people staying on your membership, but maybe not others.

3. Riviera will probably do a paid event at Topolino. Expect it to be several hundred pp based on similar venues.

4 is cheapest. I expect a Riviera paid event for 9 to resemble multiple months of mortgage payments on a first residence.

1 does not exist.

2. TOTWL is a paid event NYE, cost unknown yet I think. If past holds true, as a DVC event you can bring people staying on your membership, but maybe not others.

3. Riviera will probably do a paid event at Topolino. Expect it to be several hundred pp based on similar venues.

4 is cheapest. I expect a Riviera paid event for 9 to resemble multiple months of mortgage payments on a first residence.

The Riviera New Year’s event at Topolino is $550 a person. Last I checked there were still tickets available.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...booking-for-new-years-eve-event-at-topolinos/

So, my estimate about mortgage payments = super correct.

I'd expect the TOTWL private event to run at least $250+.

Ouch. Any event that is priced comparable to a mortgage payment is out of our price range. Hopefully TOWL is cheaper. (Fingers crossed)

Ouch. Any event that is priced comparable to a mortgage payment is out of our price range. Hopefully TOWL is cheaper. (Fingers crossed)

July 4 landed around $115 per head, and that's not a date where there have been the level of upcharge events that NYE has had everywhere. The NYE event at the Contemporary is $299pp. The event at Coronado is $400. The Cali Grill event is $625. I would expect TOTW to be closer to the Contemporary price than the Coronado, Topolino or CG events, as all of those include a full meal. The CR event does not. The DVC events do not seem to be magically value-priced, so I'd guess TOTWL to be ~$199-300 per head.

I have not done a paid event in the past, but I have done Epcot. Super Crowded, but loved it. All the things going on around world showcase were great. Just have to be in the right mindset for the crowds.

Are you serious?
They seem to be. And, my bad, it's $675, so sorry. BUT TAX AND GRATUITY ARE INCLUDED!!!

Elegant Evening Under the Stars at California Grill
Ring in the New Year with an elegant toast, marvelous entertainment and a special appearance by some of your favorite Disney characters.

Take in a bubbling champagne toast in a setting inspired by the twinkling lights and lush greenery of California wine country. Be mesmerized by a slight of hand magician, or have an artist paint your portrait. Indulge in decadent delicacies as you mingle with a host of eccentric personalities. You might even spot or catch a glimpse of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy as they make a special appearance to celebrate the New Year!

Cap off the night with a dazzling rooftop view of the spectacular Magic Kingdom fireworks.

When and Where
December 31, 2019 at California Grill
  • Check-In: 7:00 PM
  • Event Time: 8:00 PM to 12:30 AM
Price
$675 per person, tax and gratuity included
Dress to Impress

Jimmy Cricket!

I’ll take a pass. There’s no way I could justify spending that kind of money on New Years event.

If you luck out with a high floor room facing Epcot, then enjoy take advantage of your personal view! ;)

Otherwise, I’d recommend experiencing Epcot at least once. It’s a fun, but crazy busy party of parties.
in past years they opened up some lawn areas between WS and FW, so you can bring blankets and have an area to kinda chill.

I remember spending New Years with my family standing in Epcot right by the fountain and watching all the fireworks. It was jammed. We strategically placed ourselves there for an easy exit. It was insane, but a great memory

I think the pricing on both events is crazy, maybe it's Disney's way of keeping out the riffraff? ;)

I like NoTime42's idea, if you have a view of the fireworks from your room you could have your own private party. I personally don't think I would want to be in the middle of that giant crowd on NYE. I wouldn't want to be part of the heard leaving Epcot at the end of the night. Also if you're planning on riding the Skyway back to your resort the lines will probably be crazy to get on and you better hope it doesn't decide to stop running again. That wouldn't be a good way to start the new year.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here I just don't like huge crowds. I would imagine the crowds at WDW are as bad or worse then being at Time Square on NYE.

I have not done a paid event in the past, but I have done Epcot. Super Crowded, but loved it. All the things going on around world showcase were great. Just have to be in the right mindset for the crowds.
This, definitely!

We are there for New Years Eve. I asked my adult kids what, if anything, they would like to do. They opted to hang out in the hotel together as a family, go to bed at a normal time and have the parks to ourselves the next morning. lol
Smart kids.

We are there for New Years Eve. I asked my adult kids what, if anything, they would like to do. They opted to hang out in the hotel together as a family, go to bed at a normal time and have the parks to ourselves the next morning. lol
Smart kids.

That sounds like a very good plan to me.

Smart kids.
I understand, but I really like fireworks, and the special fireworks make me happy to see.

Enjoy your time in the empty park early January 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter