New Years

I was there for New Year’s Eve 2017. It was busy, but didn’t seem as bad as previous spring break vacations. Magic Kingdom was open until like 3 am too.

We stayed at the poly and I did my best to make it to watch the fireworks. People started waiting at the poly beaches pretty early. So if you’re plan on watching from there, go early.

Too bad they don't have "Every night is NYE" at Pleasure Island any more. That was really fun! Disney Springs might still be a fun place to spend actual NYE. It might be worth a try!

We have this booked for this year, any tips on what to do as we haven't done a dessert party before let alone on NYE!

You’re in for a treat! It’s one of our family’s favorite Disney experiences ever. Check in as early as possible, enjoy your goodies, and grab a to-go cup for hot chocolate to take out to the viewing area. 😋 We always enjoy staking out a spot against the back railing and just relaxing. I believe they’ll still have the projection show (Once Upon a Time) a bit after the countdown is finished. I would definitely stay for that and hang around in MK as long as possible. Exiting the park is insanity after the NYE countdown/fireworks. 😵

You should go to EPCOT for sure. The fireworks at EPCOT and MK for NYE are the best fireworks shows that WDW has to offer in my opinion. They're phenomenal. It would be a total shame to be there and not get to experience them. Plus the NYE vibe at EPCOT is truly unique.

One thing I hadn't seen mentioned yet... they do the NYE fireworks at MK both on December 30th AND 31st. If you can, go to MK on the 30th when it will be much less crowded than the 31st and see that show, then spend the following evening in EPCOT. If I were talking to someone who has already seen these shows multiple times (been there done that), then I wouldn't have a strong suggestion... but for someone who has never been there on NYE before it would be a shame for you to miss out. Like, I really don't see the point in even going to WDW at this time if you're not going to see those two shows/parties.

Not every square foot of epcot is jam packed. And the early fireworks do clear out a fair number of people (and a LOT of strollers). We've enjoyed the band and DJ at the America pavilion lately. Tons of open benches if you want to sit or you can join the dance floor with the crazy people. Then we'll catch the new year's fireworks over by France before a slow, easy stroll back to BCV while the hoardes figure out how to get to their transportation. It'll be interesting to see the line for the skyliner this year!

So is it the sense that TOTWL will be open to DVC members on 12/30? Of course, we are staying at VGF this trip...

Are the early fireworks shows for New Year's the same as the late ones? (MK on 12/30 and 12/31, and EP on 12/31)

Did the 12/30 and 12/31 dessert parties go on sale at the normal 180 day mark?

It wasn't exactly 180 days, we booked it for the 31st Dec on July 6th which if my maths is correct is 177 days out. Looking at previous threads though it sounds like they never go on sale at 180 days and are released randomly

It wasn't exactly 180 days, we booked it for the 31st Dec on July 6th which if my maths is correct is 177 days out. Looking at previous threads though it sounds like they never go on sale at 180 days and are released randomly

Correct, it wasn’t available at 180+10 (June). We also booked it July 6th.

That’s really annoying. We are supposed to just call every day to figure out what random date it’s released on? I can see if that one had different timing like 60 or 90 days out but 177? 😂

That’s really annoying. We are supposed to just call every day to figure out what random date it’s released on? I can see if that one had different timing like 60 or 90 days out but 177? 😂
I can’t find the thread now, but there was one set up for NYE dessert party bookings and other posters updated when they were able to book it. But you’re right about the checking every day, I presume it would be to do with the demand as it’s probably one of the most sought after dessert party bookings of the year.

A major Thank You to everyone who recommended Epcot!

Yes the crowds were dense but man it was one of the best experiences we have ever had. The DJs and music were awesome and there was a great vibe.

The music was going even during the day which we were not expecting.

We were a party of 7 and didn't struggle to find food or drinks either.

Will most likely do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!