NEW YORK CITY DISers?

I just heard that the huge Italian festival (can't remember the name) got cancelled for 2020. Lots of entertainers (including DS) are really losing money from all the closings-Broadway for example. Wish things moved faster.

Not sure if it's the San Genaro Feast - it was announced about a week or two ago.

Found this from an old Dis meet from 2001. We live in South Amboy NJ and we just came back from the 5 night Marvel Day at Sea Cruise with WDWRADIO Been a disboards member since 20001B85FCA3-A7FE-4A55-92B0-D558B8DC1BF1.jpeg

How come we don’t do those local meets anymore?
Speaking from a New England perspective, it is a LOT of work to organize the meet ups. How come these aren't happening as much? Aside from having volunteers to put up the capital and person hours to rent/reserve and organize the weekend, the podcast team started to curtail their travels, because they were traveling A LOT for these meets. AND there were the large party events put on by the DIS and DREAMS. There was more scale-up fundraising with large-group gatherings, and it relieved the pressure on the regional meet volunteer crews. So it seemed like an evolution from the local meets to large-group gathering in Orlando, London, etc.
I imagine if there are folx willing to put in the extreme amount of effort and capital to put on a regional DIS meet, there is likely a demographic for it. However, I surmise there might be a smaller turnout if it's only DISers, and no podcast guests, etc.

My wife and I are DVC members and just moved to NYC if anyone wanted to meet up ever and talk disney! :)

Hour north (in Dutchess county) over here.

Going first week of sept BCV and very end of Nov VGF counting down the days!

Always looking to meet more Disney fanatics!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter