New York City marathon

Congratulations!
How did you find out? I've received nothing yet, and I'm wondering if all the announcements have been sent yet.

Keep an eye on whatever bank account you have linked - you’ll probably find out there first. Also check your NYRR account. They say they will notifying people until midnight.

Keep an eye on whatever bank account you have linked - you’ll probably find out there first. Also check your NYRR account. They say they will notifying people until midnight.

This is the answer. I don't believe your NYRR account will show anything until much later today/tonight. I just saw my visa get hit for the registration. I could not believe it. I don't have an email from them. On facebook, NY Marathon basically tells everyone to look at their cc activity... emails and changes to your NYRR account won't show up until much later.

My NYRR account still says "in drawing" and there's no credit card charge yet, so I'm not sure what that means, since it's still early. If not, that's OK - I was likely going to run W&D weekend instead and just defer NYC to 2019 anyway.

My NYRR account still says "in drawing" and there's no credit card charge yet, so I'm not sure what that means, since it's still early.

My NYRR account still say "in drawing", but I apparently paid this morning. But when others were reporting that they had activity on their bank card, I had not seen any yet on mine. So it's quite possible, they are still drawing. I'm sure it's a long process today.

This is the answer. I don't believe your NYRR account will show anything until much later today/tonight. I just saw my visa get hit for the registration. I could not believe it. I don't have an email from them. On facebook, NY Marathon basically tells everyone to look at their cc activity... emails and changes to your NYRR account won't show up until much later.

I don't know if the full is different, but for the half, my cc got charged 3 hours before I got the email (my account updated more quickly)

ETA: I got in very late, so it's possible that they just sent out all the emails at the end of the day

My NYRR account still says "in drawing" and there's no credit card charge yet, so I'm not sure what that means, since it's still early. If not, that's OK - I was likely going to run W&D weekend instead and just defer NYC to 2019 anyway.

There's still time. The drawing will probably take at least another 8-10 hours.
Also ... I hear 2019 is the year all the cool kids (ie me) are doing it!

My NYRR account still say "in drawing", but I apparently paid this morning. But when others were reporting that they had activity on their bank card, I had not seen any yet on mine. So it's quite possible, they are still drawing. I'm sure it's a long process today.

Yeah it will take all day. I didn’t get notice that I was denied for NYC half until late in the evening.

I applied on the very last day--not sure why since I swore I would not do it. I am a time qualifier and my cc was charged this weekend and NYRR status changed. I have yet to receive an email. For the first time ever, I did buy the insurance (I think it was $20). It will be my 4th marathon of the year and I don't know how my old body will react.

I’m not going to mad if I don’t get in but dragging this thing out all day is just stupid.

Agreed. I think they should do the drawing one day and then sent out all the announcement the next day.
(Although then you have the question of when to charge credit cards...)

I’m not sure I buy they are still drawing. It probably does take long period to run the 25k or whatever amount of cards they have charge today. Oh well maybe next year.

Now I need to figure out a new plan.

Yeah I will be curious to see how many of us get in. I think last year it was about a 1 in 8 chance.

I want to say it was like 18% which was down from about 22-24 the year before. Last year was the first year the didn’t have the fee to enter the lottery.

Will be interested to see if it went up,or down this year. Congratulations to anyone who got in. Definitely the best running experience in my opinion. Never seen crowd support like it.

I’m not sure I buy they are still drawing. It probably does take long period to run the 25k or whatever amount of cards they have charge today. Oh well maybe next year.

Now I need to figure out a new plan.

Lot of good marathons out there so I’m sure you can find something. I’m thinking about Philly but we’ll see. Definitely won’t be anything that requires a lottery - I’m zero for my last four. :(

Lot of good marathons out there so I’m sure you can find something. I’m thinking about Philly but we’ll see. Definitely won’t be anything that requires a lottery - I’m zero for my last four. :(

I got into Ny in 2016 on my first try and changed me to where I really only can get motivated for big races like NY or Chicago. Unfortunately I am 0 for my last 3 with those two. I have kind of looked at the marine Corp some but afraid it could still be pretty warm for that one which would be a nightmare.

*sigh* 0/2 for my lotteries this year. Didn't get into broad street either. Looks like Disney is the only place that wants my money. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter