New Zootopia Films Coming

I think Animal Kingdom will want to finally use the rumored Japanese Bullet Train idea from 74. It is a perfect way to greet people and introduce them to Zootopia.

bullettrainride1.jpg

One way I could see this working potentially is if they make the ride similar to Potter. You go through the various virtual landscapes (like Fishtown Market) and then debark at the actual Zootopia (but in reality you really didn't travel that far). Of course, I am not sure if Uni has a patent on their train system.

One way I could see this working potentially is if they make the ride similar to Potter. You go through the various virtual landscapes (like Fishtown Market) and then debark at the actual Zootopia (but in reality you really didn't travel that far). Of course, I am not sure if Uni has a patent on their train system.
It's a Funicular, designed by the same company that is doing the skyliner for disney. A Funicular is a cable operated rail car. Many exist around the world. They are good for shorter distances. Honestly it could have been a good option for the trinidad station to DHS stretch had they not gone with the skyliner. I could still a funicular at disney at some point for certain routes. Though I don't think you get the hourly capacity that you do with the skyliner. Could be viable option for AKL to AK, where the capacity would be less of an issue.

It's a Funicular, designed by the same company that is doing the skyliner for disney. A Funicular is a cable operated rail car. Many exist around the world. They are good for shorter distances. Honestly it could have been a good option for the trinidad station to DHS stretch had they not gone with the skyliner. I could still a funicular at disney at some point for certain routes. Though I don't think you get the hourly capacity that you do with the skyliner. Could be viable option for AKL to AK, where the capacity would be less of an issue.

I was more referring to the projection system, but yeah, I could see it (Funicular) being used somewhere on WDW property in the future.

I was more referring to the projection system, but yeah, I could see it (Funicular) being used somewhere on WDW property in the future.
Ahhhh....I understand you now.
Yeah Funicular really seems ideal for disney for a couple of things. I would have thought one from the star wars resort to the swge would be ideal, but permits look like that's not happening.
I think one from AKL to AK could work. I still think the wilderness lodge area could still use a new transportation type to the TTC and beyond.
I would love to see some sort of steam punk version on disney property.

The train ride between Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade was really neat!

I am excited at the idea of more Zootopia films, I just hope the quality doesn't decrease.

What I really want to know is are there anymore Ratatouille sequels in the works?

I am excited at the idea of more Zootopia films, I just hope the quality doesn't decrease.

What I really want to know is are there anymore Ratatouille sequels in the works?
Ratatouille never really had the popularity of the other films. It’s more under appreciated

Yeah nerds. :D I feel parks can be fun and educational. Rafiki's is just educational.

As a nerd, apparently, I love Rafiki’s especially when they would be doing procedures on the animals.

I don’t really care about the petting zoo part as you can pet goats and stuff at a country fair so not “special” enough for Disney, but I know some people loved it

I am a middle-aged male and found Zootopia to be absolutely amazing! I not only want a sequel (hopefully announced at D23), but am wishing for an Animal Kingdom attraction/land/something.

Ahhhh....I understand you now.
Yeah Funicular really seems ideal for disney for a couple of things. I would have thought one from the star wars resort to the swge would be ideal, but permits look like that's not happening.
I think one from AKL to AK could work. I still think the wilderness lodge area could still use a new transportation type to the TTC and beyond.
I would love to see some sort of steam punk version on disney property.

I heard a rumor tonight that the Zootopia in Asia will be a mixture of a Dinosaur ride vehicle and likely a Mickey & Minny Runaway Railway (2.5D) and also something that brings in elements like Kong and Fast & Furious at Uni. I think Disney is going to pull out all technical tricks to make this attraction amazing.

I heard a rumor tonight that the Zootopia in Asia will be a mixture of a Dinosaur ride vehicle and likely a Mickey & Minny Runaway Railway (2.5D) and also something that brings in elements like Kong and Fast & Furious at Uni. I think Disney is going to pull out all technical tricks to make this attraction amazing.

Whoa... tell me more baby. I love juicy, dripping rumors, even if a elderly Disney bus driver is telling me it. It's honestly like a Disney drug and I'm in need of a fix.

Whoa... tell me more baby. I love juicy, dripping rumors, even if a elderly Disney bus driver is telling me it. It's honestly like a Disney drug and I'm in need of a fix.

Uh....that was strange, but check out the rumor online for a cross-check/validity.

Uh....that was strange, but check out the rumor online for a cross-check/validity.

Cool, I got it from DSNY. He's sourcing Jim Hill though, so of course you have to take it with a grain of salt. Because that guy would lie to his own mother.

latest

Oh yeah, I gotta give props to DSNY and Jim Hill. It's probably going to be more like Toontown Trolleys, which was never built at Hollywood Studios. No good idea is ever dead at Disney.

Cool, I got it from DSNY. He's sourcing Jim Hill though, so of course you have to take it with a grain of salt. Because that guy would lie to his own mother.

I am fully competent to conjure up any rumor/speculation, but look to reliable histograms/resources. I believe @rteetz has a complete arsenal of competent sourcing to present quality information, respectfully.

I am fully competent to conjure up any rumor/speculation, but look to reliable histograms/resources. I believe @rteetz has a complete arsenal of competent sourcing to present quality information, respectfully.

Nice kissing up hertamaniac. :)

DSNY gets most of his info from Marni1971, who is a reliable source on WDWmagic. So I trust him a pretty, pretty good amount.

Nice kissing up hertamaniac.

First, I don't "kiss up" to anyone as I am fully confident in my positions and have zero desire to do that. I have enough experience on this section of the boards to have a baseline of comparison of what has been speculated/rumored in the past and what has come to fruition. In my opinion, the sourcing here has a higher success/hit rate than other WDW news outlets. Oh, and if you have read some of my previous posts, I have challenged some posters/moderators, without fear, to gauge if the information is reliable. So, nope...no "Kissing Up".

Second, I do look at other social media (obviously), so it allows me to cross-reference that data to other sources. I think that only helps facilitate a discussion related to the rumor/source. It's once been said, even negative PR generates readers; I choose to place my reading on a time tested source (reference above).

Third, moving on to more relevant discussion, Zootopia, the train ride I was envisioning was transporting you to a/the land. This latest speculation appears to be an E-ticket attraction in the land. I would really like to see both attractions, but as others had mentioned, there might be a capacity issue with the train.

I wonder what Zootopia ears would be appropriate for a father of two. I guess if you're doing a couples thing, one can be a fox and the other a bunny. Or both can be the same animal.

I am completely ignorant of Zootopia as my kids don't like it and it gets turned off in about 20 minutes every time I try to watch it. Does it have any way of incorporating the animal hospital? That part of Rafiki's is so cool. Would be a shame to lose it to another dark ride.

I am completely ignorant of Zootopia as my kids don't like it and it gets turned off in about 20 minutes every time I try to watch it. Does it have any way of incorporating the animal hospital? That part of Rafiki's is so cool. Would be a shame to lose it to another dark ride.
The animal hospital can’t go anywhere as long as Animal Kingdom is an accredited zoo. They need to care for the animals somewhere.

The animal hospital can’t go anywhere as long as Animal Kingdom is an accredited zoo. They need to care for the animals somewhere.
Agree that they need the ability to care for the animals. But they could just build a newer facility back stage at the animal barns. The existing facility is ~20 years old by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!