Newbie from overseas!

valval

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm Val, joining you from Germany - although I'm Italian! I've been reading this forum for a long time and finally decided to join and thank all of you for the amazing vacation reports and great insights :)
I visited WDW almost by accident in 2015 with my American boyfriend (who grow up going very often with his family) and that's where I got converted to a WDW super fan!
I'm currently planning my second WDW vacation for April 2020!

I was wondering if there's any other European in the forum? It would be fun to share the struggles (and trip-strategies!), being so far away from WDW!

Cheers!

Hi everyone! I'm Val, joining you from Germany - although I'm Italian! I've been reading this forum for a long time and finally decided to join and thank all of you for the amazing vacation reports and great insights :)
I visited WDW almost by accident in 2015 with my American boyfriend (who grow up going very often with his family) and that's where I got converted to a WDW super fan!

I was wondering if there's any other European in the forum? It would be fun to share the struggles (and trip-strategies!), being so far away from WDW!

Cheers!
:welcome: Val! Good to have you here. Have fun!

Cheers!
European..... at least for now.😉

🤦‍♀️Really truly deeply hope you're going to be European for a long long time!
Me too! But who knows. Wales has done extraordinarily well out of the EU. Huge investment in infrastructure.
How far along are you with planning your trip? Have you considered using a US travel agent?

How far along are you with planning your trip? Have you considered using a US travel agent?

I booked resort and park tickets via undercover tourist + reserved the Magical Express.
I decided to skip ADR for now: we were lucky enough to visit the most interesting restaurants last time I was there (50's and Liberty Tree tavern).
I'm now reading a lot + watching way too many Youtube videos and setting up a planner to decide on park days and FP+ to be prepared when the time comes 🙂
The only thing that still baffles me is that I'm getting a 500 error when I try to order magic bands from the MDE website, although all my reservations are linked correctly.
I could still use the ones from our previous trip, but I was looking forward to getting a new color! I might end up calling Disney if the webpage still won't be available close to my trip.
Am I doing it right? 🙂

Ciao Val, benvenuta nel gruppo!
Noi siamo appena tornati da una super vacanzona a disneyworld ed è stato spettacolare!

Ciao!! Contenta che la vostra vacanza sia andata benone!
Era la prima volta? Avete fatto foto / video? Qual'é la cosa che vi é piaciuta di piú in assoluto?

Sorry for the Italian, everyone! Translation: Happy that your holiday went great! Was it your first time? Did you make videos/photos? What's the thing you like the most?

I booked resort and park tickets via undercover tourist + reserved the Magical Express.
I decided to skip ADR for now: we were lucky enough to visit the most interesting restaurants last time I was there (50's and Liberty Tree tavern).
I'm now reading a lot + watching way too many Youtube videos and setting up a planner to decide on park days and FP+ to be prepared when the time comes 🙂
The only thing that still baffles me is that I'm getting a 500 error when I try to order magic bands from the MDE website, although all my reservations are linked correctly.
I could still use the ones from our previous trip, but I was looking forward to getting a new color! I might end up calling Disney if the webpage still won't be available close to my trip.
Am I doing it right? 🙂
Are you trying to order a block colour MB or one of the special ones?
The only ADR I would get, if you haven’t visited recently is Oga’s. It is just a bar and the cocktails are novelty value but it is a fun atmosphere and interesting to see inside. When is your FP day?

First time in Disneyworld but we had been in Disneyland and EuroDisney a few times before.
We loved our resort, the Polynesian, and loved the fact that we were there 21 days, meaning we could really relax at the resort and not rush the parks.
Everything was just amazing so there's not a favourite part, but my favourite ride was Flight of Passage... Just amazing

we were there 21 days
21 DAYS! OMG! That's wonderful!
We'll be staying at Caribbean Beach for 9 days - 8 days in parks + 1 rest day and the Poly is the very first resort I want to go visit on that free day! I heard there's a lot of good food in its restaurants!
I also have huge expectations for Flight of passage! Definitely in my TOP5!

We were there with the UK free dining promotion and the difference between a 15 days and 21 days park ticket was just around £100. We also visited Universal and Kennedy Space centre. Overall I think if you plan it well and you choose the right time of the year to go (summer is a no go for us) it has the potential to be the best holiday of your life. About the restaurants at the Polynesian... I have eaten better else where, I wrote a review post of the places where I have eaten you can go and check it out and let me know if you have any questions. Do you have children with you?

Just found your food review: I will read it immediately :)

No children, It's going to be just me and my boyfriend - who grew up going to WDW with his family and is VERY opinionated about it :)
You will be fine then, I have four children so LOTS of planning involved!!!

You will be fine then, I have four children so LOTS of planning involved!!!

I'm happy to say that your food review is very much aligned with what I've been planning - Homecoming, Flame Tree and Columbia Harbour are the restaurants I'm most looking forward to, so good to know that you enjoyed them! A bit disappointed about the Tonga Toast at the Poly, since that was a big one for me, but you're not the first to point out that it's not worth it.

Also: what's your beef with Pandoro?? LOL

Pandora beef was very very good actually we were very impressed. We stayed there so long that in that review I forgot to write some of the restaurants where we had been to i. E liberty taverns and CRYT.
The Tonga toast wasn't awful, but it could have been waaaay better if you try it maybe just say that you want it straight from the fryer rather than those that have been under the heat lamp for a bit too long....

If you have time definitly try flying fish, the wave and the gran Floridian café as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!