Newbie Help: Disney Infinity Toy Box Question (New Q in post #15)

mulderxcoltrane

DIS Veteran
Hi folks,

As mentioned in a previous thread, I'm new to Infinity, so I have another question for the experts:

When it comes to the Toy Box, if you want to use a certain "world" (a blog I read mentioned Cinderella Castle and an Ewok Village) do you have to have a special power disc? Or is it all already preloaded in the toy box? The same blog also mentioned playing with a Rapunzel-themed world in the Toy Box, then I found a power disc called "Rapunzel's Kingdom."

So, for what do I need a power disc and for what do I not?

Some are through power disks and others will be from new toys unlocked by completing task in the game or buying them from the "toy store" with sparks.

Just know in Toy Box mode you either have to build everything yourself or connect to the Disney infinity sharing system and download someone else's creation.

Some are through power disks and others will be from new toys unlocked by completing task in the game or buying them from the "toy store" with sparks.

Just know in Toy Box mode you either have to build everything yourself or connect to the Disney infinity sharing system and download someone else's creation.

If we're using 3.0, we should just use the power discs from this version, right?

Does downloading someone else's creation cost? Is it safe?

If we're using 3.0, we should just use the power discs from this version, right?

Does downloading someone else's creation cost? Is it safe?

Totally safe and they don't cost anything.

1.0 and 2.0 discs work in 3.0 but 3.0 will not work in the older ones. Usually the discs provide background atmospheres or the ground or a car etc. The actual building of Tangled or the Ewok village etc will still be done by you.

If you are in the main hub of 3.0 if you visit the towns person Mulan and play their walk through the Ewok area that is prebuilt and explorable will open up.

In the main menu press option. Then go to community content. From there go to Disney's Toy Boxes. If you have friends linked they can share their toy boxes with you through the friends tab under community content.

In the main menu press option. Then go to community content. From there go to Disney's Toy Boxes. If you have friends linked they can share their toy boxes with you through the friends tab under community content.
But I can download anyone's, correct?

But I can download anyone's, correct?

You can download the ones in the Disney's Toy Box section. Those have been submitted for review by Disney and are okay. If your friend shares Disney doesn't check it for use or rate it so you can't be sure what is in it if that makes sense.

You can download the ones in the Disney's Toy Box section. Those have been submitted for review by Disney and are okay. If your friend shares Disney doesn't check it for use or rate it so you can't be sure what is in it if that makes sense.
It does; thanks!

Ok - figured out how to download one, now how do I access it to play in/with it?

Ok - figured out how to download one, now how do I access it to play in/with it?

Pretty sure you load it like you load a save data. Not 100% sure though because I haven't started playing any toy box stuff as I've been playing the Star Wars play sets. Sorry if I wasn't headed to bed I'd download one and figure it out for you.

I figured out how to find the downloaded toy box.
Now, riddle me this: Do any of these shared/community toy boxes have missions in them? Or are they just places to mess around?

I figured out how to find the downloaded toy box.
Now, riddle me this: Do any of these shared/community toy boxes have missions in them? Or are they just places to mess around?

Some do. Read the description and you'll know if it has a game or not. Most of the ones made by the Disneh team have games in them you just have to know how to trigger the game. Usually it is pushing a button.

Is there a way to create a "mission" in the toy box? In other words if one of my sons wants to make a mission for the other son to go through, how do we do that? They've figured out how to add items and vehicles, but how do we create a mission?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter