Newbie MGM Swap?? Who's Interested??

StitchIsOurHero

<font color=red>I was smart enough to marry a DH w
Hi everyone! I know we were talking about this on the other thread, and some of you said you'd be interested in an MGM swap. I am willing to host it (just so we all remember this is something new to me! :) ) I just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone was interested. I thought I'd leave this post up this weekend and then do sign-ups on Monday or Tuesday.

I was thinking a due date of late June (say around the 24th?). Does that work for everyone??

Let me know if you're interested! :stitch:

I'm in, can I do something for Indiana Jones if it's available? End of June is great for me.

MommytoMJM said:
How does it work? I've never done a swap here....

:wave: hi mommytoMJM....I recognize you from another board...I've loved reading some of your posts about MJ and her magical trips!! Just sayin' hi!!

I too am in :) I havent done one before, but I guess you have to start somewhere!! :teeth:

MomtoMJM--I am new to the whole swap thing, but I guess we will run it like the Animal Kingdom swap that's currently going on. I'm not sure how to link to the thread here, but it was on the first page, too. I hope you will join us! :teeth:

Queenie--Indiana Jones sounds great! I love that show! :Pinkbounc

disneyfreakk--I've never hosted one before so we're in the same boat! We'll just wing it! :thumbsup2

By the way--do you all want to do the list of items in the newbie animal kingdom swap or the list in the regular AK swap (that's the two I could find on this page)? It doesn't matter to me! :cool1:

I hope we have lots of other people interested! I'll start a thread for sign-ups on Monday morning--I'm off on Spring Break, so it'll probably be around 8:30 or 9 a.m.

Have a great weekend! :banana:

I would love to get in on a MGM swap. I would be interested in doing Lights! Motors! and Action! Extreme Stunt Show.

I'd be interested!!! We'll be on vacation the end of June..but I can always send my stuff in earlier...

& besides...I've seen DisneyreakJackie's pages...I WANT her swap items!!!!! :cheer2:

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
:wave: hi mommytoMJM....I recognize you from another board...I've loved reading some of your posts about MJ and her magical trips!! Just sayin' hi!!

Awww, thanks! Hi! Now that my scrapbook stuff is unpacked it is time to start scrapping those Magical Moments :)

Off to read the AK swap so I can see if I can do it...

I would be interested in this as well. I would like to do a Sci fi dine in topper.
I would follow the pattern for the newbie AK swap. It is pretty basic, and the groups are small. Here's the link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1008780&page=1

Mommyto MJM,
Basically a swap is where you choose an item to make. I did mini file folders for AK. There are 10 people in my group including myself so I made 10 folders. Bag each item into a ziploc bag along with a note of your info. All of that goes into one larger bag with your name and group number. You then mail it off to the hostess. The hostess will then sort all of the items and return one of each item to everyone in the group. so if you were in my group you would get one of yours, one of mine, one of pixiedusts, etc.....
Everyone picks different items so they will all be different when you get them back. here is a link to disneyland Emily's swaps so you can get an idea of want to do.
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4084831

Oh Cool! I can do that! Count me in! What are my choices for categories and stuff?

BernardandMissBianca said:
I would be interested in this as well. I would like to do a Sci fi dine in topper.
I would follow the pattern for the newbie AK swap. It is pretty basic, and the groups are small. Here's the link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1008780&page=1

Mommyto MJM,
Basically a swap is where you choose an item to make. I did mini file folders for AK. There are 10 people in my group including myself so I made 10 folders. Bag each item into a ziploc bag along with a note of your info. All of that goes into one larger bag with your name and group number. You then mail it off to the hostess. The hostess will then sort all of the items and return one of each item to everyone in the group. so if you were in my group you would get one of yours, one of mine, one of pixiedusts, etc.....
Everyone picks different items so they will all be different when you get them back. here is a link to disneyland Emily's swaps so you can get an idea of want to do.
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4084831

I would be interested too. I'm relatively new to swapping and I'm addicted already!

I agree that the newbie AK swap might be an easier setup - one element per person instead of two.

Now I have to think of a good idea!

MommytoMJM said:
Oh Cool! I can do that! Count me in! What are my choices for categories and stuff?

We ned to wait to see what StitchIsOurHero posts for the needed elements. If it is a general MGM swap you can pretty much do anything. I picked a topper for my element and Sci Fi dine in for my theme. When I did AK I did borders with tags on them with the names of the different park areas. To get some ideas I usually get a map out to look at the attractions.

Once the list of elements goes out let me know if you have anymore questions.

Hi guys!

It looks like we've got quite a bit of interest! I'm really excited! :banana:

We will do the swap like the newbie AK swap--I agree with the suggestions that that's an easier way to keep up and do it. The elements will be the same as the newbie AK swap, as long as that works for everyone--for all of you who have posted ideas already. . .they sound great!

I will start a thread for sign-ups on Monday morning (March 20th)--probably around 9 a.m. Everyone have a great weekend! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter