Newbie question re T-giving dinner buffet

lovedisneycruise

Mouseketeer
I am a lonnnng time Disney visitor, and will be spending my FIRST night ever staying in Universal area at Sapphire Falls on Thanksgiving day. My daughter and I decided to tack on an extra day pre-cruise and finally try this area. I've read some threads and am getting excited about trying something new!

I booked the Thanksgiving dinner buffet at Royal Pacific (the menu sounded delicious!) and my question is whether people dress up a bit for this or is it strictly shorts and park tees. I will probably wear a sundress since it's a holiday for us, but I wondered if I will be under/over dressed. I've never seen any Universal resort in person, just pics, but Royal Pacific sounds like it is beautiful so I wasn't sure if people would be dressed up for the holiday.
TIA!!

You’ll see a mix of outfits..

We did the Mother’s Day brunch in May at Sapphire and some folks were very dressed up and about the same mix were in more park style clothes.

You‘ll be absolutely fine in a sundress.....that’s what I’d be wearing.....

And yes, RP is beautiful......I’m sure you’ll enjoy it there and Sapphire too.....both hotels are fabulous.....have fun :wave2:

We did the Thanksgiving buffet there last year and did not dress up. We didn't look extremely sloppy, the guys had on polo type shirts. It wasn't warm enough for sundresses, the women wore pants.

I am a lonnnng time Disney visitor, and will be spending my FIRST night ever staying in Universal area at Sapphire Falls on Thanksgiving day. My daughter and I decided to tack on an extra day pre-cruise and finally try this area. I've read some threads and am getting excited about trying something new!

I booked the Thanksgiving dinner buffet at Royal Pacific (the menu sounded delicious!) and my question is whether people dress up a bit for this or is it strictly shorts and park tees. I will probably wear a sundress since it's a holiday for us, but I wondered if I will be under/over dressed. I've never seen any Universal resort in person, just pics, but Royal Pacific sounds like it is beautiful so I wasn't sure if people would be dressed up for the holiday.
TIA!!
How was your stay/buffet? Hope you had a wonderful time.

The buffet was delicious and we loved the walking paths and overall look of the resort. Unfortunately we had a problem w little ants swarming the tv stand after our room service breakfast which kind of soured us on going back. They sent a housekeeper to “clean them up” and she assured us it wasn’t bed bugs :crazy2: but I’ve never had this happen at Disney even when I left food on the table so it was a turn off. I left feedback on the survey they sent to me.

The buffet was delicious and we loved the walking paths and overall look of the resort. Unfortunately we had a problem w little ants swarming the tv stand after our room service breakfast which kind of soured us on going back. They sent a housekeeper to “clean them up” and she assured us it wasn’t bed bugs :crazy2: but I’ve never had this happen at Disney even when I left food on the table so it was a turn off. I left feedback on the survey they sent to me.

Oh wow, sounds like it happened quickly. How long did it take? CB should be safe. We didn't have issues with CB when we brought wings and fries from the pool bar a lunch. From then until check out at the last minute all seemed fine. We were eight stories up though.

Oh wow, sounds like it happened quickly. How long did it take? CB should be safe. We didn't have issues with CB when we brought wings and fries from the pool bar a lunch. From then until check out at the last minute all seemed fine. We were eight stories up though.

I would say it was within an hour after we ate. We moved some of the leftovers over to the TV stand next to the Keurig and when we were getting ready to go out my daughter noticed it because she had put some jewelry there and they were on her jewelry too. It seemed like they were drawn to the honey I got for the tea. The resort refunded our breakfast cost, but like I said it was still a little disturbing. To be clear, we were staying at Sapphire falls which is where this occurred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter