• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie Questions about Tickets and Fastpass

DeanneL

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody!!!

This is my first post. I've been lurking for a couple of days and didn't see the answer to my questions so hopefully some kind soul will help me! :)

If I buy one-day/one-park tickets, can I still use Fastpass and take the kids on the Monorail?

Also, I was planning on arriving early - as soon as the park opens - but how much time will it take to get one-day park tickets? I mean, does the ticket booth open earlier than the park does? I don't want to be standing in line for tickets when I should be rushing to my first ride.

I thought I read somewhere that you could buy one-day/one-park tickets at Disney but I have less than two weeks before we leave. Is there any way I could get this kind of ticket early?

Originally posted by DeanneL
Hi everybody!!!

This is my first post. I've been lurking for a couple of days and didn't see the answer to my questions so hopefully some kind soul will help me! :)

If I buy one-day/one-park tickets, can I still use Fastpass and take the kids on the Monorail?

Also, I was planning on arriving early - as soon as the park opens - but how much time will it take to get one-day park tickets? I mean, does the ticket booth open earlier than the park does? I don't want to be standing in line for tickets when I should be rushing to my first ride.

I thought I read somewhere that you could buy one-day/one-park tickets at Disney but I have less than two weeks before we leave. Is there any way I could get this kind of ticket early?
Hi Deanne! Welcome! :D

You can use Fastpass with any type of ticket media -- one day or multi day. And yes, you can take the kids on the Monorail. In fact, if you're parking in the MK parking lot and going to the MK for your one day, it's part of how you get from Point A to Point B!

As for ticket lines ... don't worry. First thing in the morning, they move pretty darn quickly. And the ticket booths open up at least a half-hour before the parks do, so you can get your tickets and be ready to go at rope drop!

:earsboy:

Hi Deanne!

WDSearcher did a wonderful job (as usual!) of answering your questions. I just wanted to say welcome to the DIS Boards, and I hope to see lots more posts from you! :wave:

If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can purchase the one day tickets at Guest Services or at the front desk there. If you are off site, you can take a ride over to DTD the day/night before you're going and get them at either of the two Guest Relations locations there.

Well, we won't be staying in Orlando. My mom has a time-share and she was able to exchange for a condo in Titusville - which I believe is about an hour away. It was the closest they had for the week of Spring Break. So, we will be getting up very early on the day we decide to go to MK. (I'm thinking Tuesday and Friday might be good days for MK with my 3 and 6 year old).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter