Newbie to Adventures - Help Needed, Please

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
So I have finally went ahead and got a passport (never been out of the US except to Canada many, many years ago) and want to break it in next year. Saw alot of advertisements for the Adventures by Disney and am thinking about doing the Adult-Exclusive trip to London & Paris next September as a solo traveler.

As I've never done a Adventures by Disney before, nor have I been to London or Paris before, could really use your help.

What is the best way to book this trip? Should I book it directly with Disney or through AAA? Are there any discounts for these trips? Is it going to cost alot more going as a solo? Is this a good trip to go on? I'm kinda a picky eater. Am I going to be stuck?

So I have finally went ahead and got a passport (never been out of the US except to Canada many, many years ago) and want to break it in next year. Saw alot of advertisements for the Adventures by Disney and am thinking about doing the Adult-Exclusive trip to London & Paris next September as a solo traveler.

As I've never done a Adventures by Disney before, nor have I been to London or Paris before, could really use your help.

What is the best way to book this trip? Should I book it directly with Disney or through AAA? Are there any discounts for these trips? Is it going to cost alot more going as a solo? Is this a good trip to go on? I'm kinda a picky eater. Am I going to be stuck?

I'll try to help answer some of your questions...

I traveled solo on the DIS Exclusive ABD London/Paris trip this past September. First off...its an amazing trip!!

Booking - Its really up to you. I'd recommend Dreams Unlimited Travel for your booking. I believe Kevin does all of the ABD bookings for Dreams and he's great!!

Discounts - I know Dreams offers gift cards for booking with them on certain trips (the amount varies). Don't know about AAA.

Single supplement - You will pay more traveling on your own. I ended up with a roommate for this trip but the supplement was going to be a couple thousand dollars.

Trip - It is a great trip to go on. Disney is also making changes for the upcoming trips...like visiting Stonehenge...which I didn't get to do. As a solo traveler, you can't go wrong with ABD. In my experience, the groups have been very welcoming and the guides attentive.

Eating - I'm also a picky eater. I never had trouble finding something to eat. Also, not all meals are spent with the group. You can definitely go off and find wonderful restaurants that cater more to your tastes.

Christy has given terrific answers. (Thanks Christy!)

Also, keep in mind that we will doing another Dis Exclusive London / Paris / DLP with a departure date of 10/8/12.

In addition, our exclusive departure is currently the only way to take advantage of the guided DLP portion of the Adventure.

Should you book a different departure date, you will be able to add the DLP portion, but you would be on your own.

Your Adventure would effectively end in Paris.

As for who you should book this with....I agree with Christy (of course).;)

I second everything Christy said! I've done 4 ABD's as a solo traveler, and it's been wonderful. Being taken care of, having your transportation on the trip all arranged, having the others on the tour to interact with all are great for someone traveling on their own.

I'm going to also second Kevin's idea of looking into the DIS exclusive trip that's going in October of 2012. I took the DIS exclusive trip that they did this year. The fact that most of the people on the trip post on the DIS means you can get to know your fellow travelers online before you go, make some advance plans for your free time, etc. And having the Disneyland Paris add-on as an actual part of the ABD was an invaluable, amazing thing.

If you want an idea of what the trip is like, you can check out my trip report that I've linked to in my signature. I am woefully behind in posting it, but I hope to have it done soon.

Sayhello

I also did this past September's DIS ABD London & Paris trip as a solo traveler. I've been on three ABD's now (with a 4th in 2012) as a solo traveler and totally agree with everything that has been said here. For me, ABD is the best way to travel!

Jason

Christy has given terrific answers. (Thanks Christy!)

Also, keep in mind that we will doing another Dis Exclusive London / Paris / DLP with a departure date of 10/8/12.

In addition, our exclusive departure is currently the only way to take advantage of the guided DLP portion of the Adventure.

Should you book a different departure date, you will be able to add the DLP portion, but you would be on your own.

Your Adventure would effectively end in Paris.

As for who you should book this with....I agree with Christy (of course).;)

I'd love to join this trip. Please let me know where to go to get details, pricing, etc.

I'd love to join this trip. Please let me know where to go to get details, pricing, etc.

While this past Adventure was spectacular, ABD has made some changes to the itinerary which we think will do nothing but make a great trip better.

Also, Pete, Walter, John and I always like to add our own little spin to things.

We are trying to make sure that our guests have some options for what they'd like to see and do and to enhance certain aspects of our Adventure.

I realize all of this is a bit vague, but we are hoping to offer another AMAZING trip.

With all of that in mind, we are waiting for contracts to be signed between ABD and the folks in France.

As soon as that's done, we will open this trip to folks that would like to travel with us.

I have a list of those interested and I will add you to it. As I will be sending out notification via email, please drop me a note at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will add you to my list.

We hope to have details and pricing very, very soon.

If you would like to get an idea of pricing and details, you can look at the thread from our September Adventure.

It can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2600715

Please note that some of the details will change and the pricing has not been set yet. While we don't expect the pricing to change drastically, there could be some fluctuation.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Disneyland Paris is amazing and I am certain you will enjoy it. And, as suggested, if you have the option for some side trips, take them! Paris is beautiful! As for food, I have traveled extensively throughout Europe over the years and though I am not a picky eater, I recommend taking along a jar of peanut butter. You can always make yourself a good ol American PB&J back in the room if you don't care for dinner!

Great thread!

I'm looking into traveling with my first ABD trip in 2013, as a solo. :goodvibes

I'll look into those threads and start doing some advance planning and budgeting.

Thank you!

Great thread!

I'm looking into traveling with my first ABD trip in 2013, as a solo. :goodvibes

I'll look into those threads and start doing some advance planning and budgeting.

Thank you!
Come on over to the Adventures by Disney Board!

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146

There are lots of people there (including me!) who have done ABD's solo, and can hopefully answer your questions.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!