Newie Here! Undercover Tourist Questions

camenae

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm trying to figure out if the cheapest way to get tickets for 3 people. We'll be going for 7, possibly 8, days. It will be two adults and one child. I'm not quite sure how Undercover Tourist works. I saw that's it's affiliated with Disney. Does that mean that I can get one set of tickets (hotel for example) from UT and another set (park tickets for example) from the Disney site and still get whatever perks Disney gives you? Or can I get all the Disney perks if I book all tickets through UT? I was under the impression going through Disney was the only way to get tickets until I started planning this trip!

When you are getting tickets, you can either get thru Disney or another site (in your case, UT). When you get the ticket from another site there should be a ticket number, which you will then input into My Disney Experience. These would act the same as any other ticket purchased thru Disney, allowing you to book FPs. Perks of staying on-site (EMH, magic band, free parking) are associated with your hotel reservation.

So, yes, you can save a lot of $$$ by buying all tickets thru UT, rather than Disney!

You will want to make sure you have a room only reservation. Packages thru Disney include room and tickets (but don’t really involve cost savings).

Hi! I'm trying to figure out if the cheapest way to get tickets for 3 people. We'll be going for 7, possibly 8, days. It will be two adults and one child. I'm not quite sure how Undercover Tourist works. I saw that's it's affiliated with Disney. Does that mean that I can get one set of tickets (hotel for example) from UT and another set (park tickets for example) from the Disney site and still get whatever perks Disney gives you? Or can I get all the Disney perks if I book all tickets through UT? I was under the impression going through Disney was the only way to get tickets until I started planning this trip!

Yes, I recommend UT as well. And if you haven't booked your room yet, there are also sites where you can get great rooms for a lot less money than Disney would charge. You just rent a DVC villa using someone else's points. Not sure of the board's policy on giving out other sites but if you google "DVC rentals", you'll find a few options.

I used to buy my WDW tickets thru UT, but recently I've been getting them thru ParkSavers, at a much bigger discount.

As for the room, UT has really good prices on rooms at WDW. Better even than the current Disney Visa discount, for example. So check that out on their site. The only downside to getting the room thru them is that, I believe, you have to pay the cost of the entire stay upfront, however, the cancellation policy is the same. As far as renting DVC points goes, be very very aware that if you go this route, you won't be able to either change your reservation or get any refund for it if you have to cancel.

There are a few legit ticket sellers. UT has had the best deal for my family the last couple of trips. A few years ago Tickets At Work was better for hoppers but UT was better for base tickets. Shop around a little, but also search the forum for the website name to make sure it's legit.

Someone else mentioned DVC rentals. We travel as a big group and renting points for 2 bedroom villas is the cheapest option for us to stay onsite. But renting points takes away a lot of flexibility so make sure you really research it before jumping in. Might not be the best choice for first time visitors unless you really need a large suite and you can be completely committed to your date and pay in full 11 months out. I highly recommend researching it for future trips, though.

Touring Plans has a something that recommends where to buy tickets. UT comes up a lot as the best place to buy specific tickets. The only times I haven't gotten UT as the best place to buy tickets has been when AAA was recommended. But they consider several legit ticket sellers as well as Disney direct, so I trust their results.

Has anyone used Orlando Fun Tickets? They seem to be much less expensive than UT, but they say that you must print the tickets off, which seems weird to me if you're just tying them into your MDE account.

ETA - Scratch that, the $100+ of taxes and fees wasn't included in the price I was looking at :(

Last edited:

When you are getting tickets, you can either get thru Disney or another site (in your case, UT). When you get the ticket from another site there should be a ticket number, which you will then input into My Disney Experience. These would act the same as any other ticket purchased thru Disney, allowing you to book FPs. Perks of staying on-site (EMH, magic band, free parking) are associated with your hotel reservation.

So, yes, you can save a lot of $$$ by buying all tickets thru UT, rather than Disney!

You will want to make sure you have a room only reservation. Packages thru Disney include room and tickets (but don’t really involve cost savings).

So, you're saying make sure to get room only reservations if I book a room through the Disney site, right? UT has better prices on the resorts (right now) than Disney, so I'll probably go through UT for that.

What I'm getting from these replies is I don't have to book ANYTHING through Disney if I really don't want to, right? We're fine with paying everything all at once. I just want to find the cheapest way to get this trip booked!

I used Dave‘s vacation club and save a bundle! I spent under $1500 for a seven night stay deluxe studio at Bay Lake Towers! However, I did book 7 months in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter