Newly released Virgin flights - when do prices settle?

Glad you've had some luck - still struggling here, will keep trying multiple times daily - are there further sales in January to the one that’s just launched today? As that’s done nothing to help our dates unfortunately...

Wishing you some good fortune soon...

Are your dates fixed too or are you just looking for best deals aroudn a given window?

I’d just figured out a way we might be able to work around coming back on the 11th, getting the same price you quoted, then had to go to a meeting with work... came back ready to book and it’s gone up £300pp! I could cry!

I’ve taken the plunge now... more than I would’ve liked, but actually less than we paid in 2018, so I’m okay with that.

I said I wouldn’t look again now we’ve booked, but I’m sort of tempted to try and gauge whether the prices will drop at a later date, as we have to go through it all again next year!

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Flight prices and ‘sales’ are all a game. They just do not wholesale reduce the price of all flights. They have highly sophisticated algorithms to tell them if they need to reduce or increase a price to aim to sell out the flight. For outside school hols Virgin do seem to do more reductions than most.

Personally I go indirect from Heathrow for around £750 (school hol price). I get everybody has different opinion and none are wrong, but for me it’s a days travel one way or other.

We keep checking the prices even though we have booked. Saw that the virgin sale had started so checked our flights as seats are still available: the price is double what we paid. We will check again in January. Hopefully this will all give us an insight when we go through the whole process again for 2021 or 2022!

have you ever considered booking with Charter Travel , their flight prices always seem cheaper than VA site and we have booked packages and flight only with them ..might be worth checking .... just a thought

have you ever considered booking with Charter Travel , their flight prices always seem cheaper than VA site and we have booked packages and flight only with them ..might be worth checking .... just a thought
I’ve never actually heard of them...

Didn't want to start a new thread, so just thought i'd jump in this thread!

I have fixed dates this year 1st December until 15th December. Virgin flights will be available from tomorrow (19th Jan) for my return leg, how long do these prices usually take to normalise?

There's flights available (from Manchester) via Newark on the outbound and Frankfurt on the return for around £480 which isn't bad and routes i've done before. When could I expect the direct Virgin flights to settle to compare?

Didn't want to start a new thread, so just thought i'd jump in this thread!

I have fixed dates this year 1st December until 15th December. Virgin flights will be available from tomorrow (19th Jan) for my return leg, how long do these prices usually take to normalise?

There's flights available (from Manchester) via Newark on the outbound and Frankfurt on the return for around £480 which isn't bad and routes i've done before. When could I expect the direct Virgin flights to settle to compare?
The dates we were originally looking at for Oct into Nov are still as overly priced as they were when they were released.
The nearby dates we ended up going for have gone up again since we booked.
They do seem to have settled at these prices as I’ve kept looking, but never dropped to something more reasonable like I hoped...
Pricing is not good at the moment, around our dates at least!

We always go to our local Virgin outlet and have always got a better price there than the advertised on line prices. Suppose it depends on how close the nearest outlet is - luckily for us they are situated in a Next store just a few miles away.

We always go to our local Virgin outlet and have always got a better price there than the advertised on line prices. Suppose it depends on how close the nearest outlet is - luckily for us they are situated in a Next store just a few miles away.
Is an outlet different to a Virgin Holidays store?

I usually go from Manchester with Virgin but found flights from Gatwick with BA to be so much cheaper, the Virgin prices were just getting ridiculous - booked with BA for less than £600 pp for direct flight premium economy. Granted I have to get to Gatwick but the saving seemed worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!