Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

is something happening on Wednesday July 10th? I just looked at the Flex calendar to see what it is like and saw that was the only day closed for reservations.

I’ve been checking the calendar quite a bit because I keep forgetting what days are blocked. First time I looked, July 3 was closed for reservations, then July 4, then the 5th and now the 10th. Maybe a glitch?

I’ve been checking the calendar quite a bit because I keep forgetting what days are blocked. First time I looked, July 3 was closed for reservations, then July 4, then the 5th and now the 10th. Maybe a glitch?
it is odd that it would change that way. I have been thinking about getting a Flex pass. wondering how difficult the reservation process may be is an issue. the other is not being able to add parking to the pass.

right now reservation calendar is pretty much open, but how will that change as the number of Flex passes increase.

It appears that the calendar shows the first day outside the 30 day booking window as unavailable. So the unavailable day moves forward one every day. It’s a little odd but once you understand that’s what’s happening I just view it as a marker of how far out I’m allowed to book right now (which is probably the intent but that’s not especially clear on the website).

In reading the details more, you can only reserve 2 days at a time? We are from out of state, so we usually go for around 5 days. If I'm reading the rules correctly, I would only be able to reserve 2 days for a trip? Is that correct?

In reading the details more, you can only reserve 2 days at a time? We are from out of state, so we usually go for around 5 days. If I'm reading the rules correctly, I would only be able to reserve 2 days for a trip? Is that correct?

That’s my understanding too

You would reserve the first two to start, but it rolls so as soon as you use the first you can book the next.

The only way you could do it, and be guaranteed of getting into both parks for all 5 days, would be if you went during the off season weeks that have Good To Go Days which require no reservation.

I think the likelihood that CA Adventure fills up it's reservations is much smaller, so you could always use your 2 Reservations to book both parks, and then once you use up the 1st Reservation, start booking CA Adventure during your trip.

This pass is not for everyone. It requires "flexibility." If you really want something that is going to guarantee you entrance to Both Parks during the summer, or on every Saturday, you need to pay almost double for the Signature Pass. For me, knowing that if I book my reservations right when they become available, I can get 1 Friday & 1 Saturday, or 2 Saturdays, per month, for a full year, is an amazing deal, and something that would be impossible with all but the highest level AP's, both of which are over $1K.

is something happening on Wednesday July 10th? I just looked at the Flex calendar to see what it is like and saw that was the only day closed for reservations.
That’s the first day they haven’t opened for yet. It’ll be available tomorrow.

We usually make long trips as well, but it coincides with green good to go days so we're taking a chance. We had planned to get deluxe APs after our July trip anyway, so if we accidentally get locked out one trip in the future, we'll upgrade to deluxe.

You would reserve the first two to start, but it rolls so as soon as you use the first you can book the next.
But if we wanted to do 5 consecutive days, we could only reserve 2 at the 30 day mark, and then basically be rolling the dice during our trip that we could reserve only 2 days ahead for the rest of the trip, right?

But if we wanted to do 5 consecutive days, we could only reserve 2 at the 30 day mark, and then basically be rolling the dice during our trip that we could reserve only 2 days ahead for the rest of the trip, right?
Yes, if they are all Reservation Required Days, that would be the case.

It appears that the calendar shows the first day outside the 30 day booking window as unavailable. So the unavailable day moves forward one every day. It’s a little odd but once you understand that’s what’s happening I just view it as a marker of how far out I’m allowed to book right now (which is probably the intent but that’s not especially clear on the website).
I'm glad someone else asked. Earlier I couldn't figure out what could possibly be so special about July 9th so that all the reservations were taken. Apparently nothing is special and it really wasn't full for reservations.

One more upgrade question. If I was to buy discounted 5 day tickets through Getaway Today and then upgrade to an annual pass on our last day, would we get credit for only the discounted price or credit for the regular 5 day ticket price?
When I’ve purchased through last minute travel club in the past they have bridged the price and I got the actual Disney value of the ticket. YMMV

I guess it is a little bit confusing as to what the "gate price" means. If it means the regular (non promotional) 5-day ticket, then I guess it is no (I did this a couple weeks ago, it immediately showed the promotional price when scanned); but if it means the discount provided by whatever third party (i.e. price bridging), then it works, the one I did was also from Getaway.
You were not credited gate price. The actual 5 day regular ticket price.

We have two trips planned to Disneyland over the next year and the new annual pass flex seems like it might save us a few dollars. Does anyone know if you can make reservations with it before you activate the pass/first time you use it in the parks?
I’ve heard yes. But I read in another thread that when you go and get them to print your actual pass your reservations disappear. Might need to do about that.

When you downgraded, it gave you longer than a year? Did it let you keep the dates you already had as a Deluxe?

My husband's Deluxe expires in September. By your post it looks like if we "downgrade" in June, his new pass will be good until June next year?
No. It would still expire in September.

Yes, so this is probably not the best pass choice for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter