Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

.............Oh, Never Mind....
It appears that the calendar shows the first day outside the 30 day booking window as unavailable. So the unavailable day moves forward one every day. It’s a little odd but once you understand that’s what’s happening I just view it as a marker of how far out I’m allowed to book right now (which is probably the intent but that’s not especially clear on the website).
That is the 31 day marker. It will move one marker. It will move tomorrow.

ok, thanks for the explanation. that unavailable day acts as a marker for the end of the 30 day window.

I'm a reasonably intelligent person. after reading the explanations and looking at the calendar again I understand what is going on.

I think that points to a problem with the way Disney presents the information. a guest shouldn't have to go away from the page to understand what is going on. one possible improvement would be to have the reservation days outside the 30 day window to be a different color and have the key code say that day is not yet open for reservations. I think that would be a whole lot clearer.

We had reservations for the 4th and 5th but canceled them to move our trip up. Now we have reservations for the 30th and 1st with hopes of getting them for the 2nd and 3rd. I wasn’t too worried about getting them until I saw the 4th was blocked out. I wonder if there were just that many reservations or if they preemptively blocked that day due to anticipated high crowds?

We have our first reservation unavailable day. It’s July 4th (Disneyland).

I have a situation wonder if you guys can provide some input. My wife currently has the deluxe AP 4 months paid into it. I'm thinking of just getting the Flex pass so she can go in this weekend for Star Wars GE instead of upgrading to Signature for $350. So she would have two passes(if it's even possible). I have Signature so we would still have the benifts... any input appreciated

I have a situation wonder if you guys can provide some input. My wife currently has the deluxe AP 4 months paid into it. I'm thinking of just getting the Flex pass so she can go in this weekend for Star Wars GE instead of upgrading to Signature for $350. So she would have two passes(if it's even possible). I have Signature so we would still have the benifts... any input appreciated
Not sure if this is correct, but I believe I have read a couple posts that said someone downgraded to the Flex. I think they didn't get their money back that they paid towards Deluxe, but they didn't end up with 2 passes.

Another choice of course is to just buy a one day ticket. My family has done that in the past.

We had reservations for the 4th and 5th but canceled them to move our trip up. Now we have reservations for the 30th and 1st with hopes of getting them for the 2nd and 3rd. I wasn’t too worried about getting them until I saw the 4th was blocked out. I wonder if there were just that many reservations or if they preemptively blocked that day due to anticipated high crowds?
You've answered your own question as you had held reservations for that date. ;) For added data, we have two spots for 7/3 in both parks, so it wasn't preemptively blocked.

It will be interesting to watch how cancellations play with this 1st "sold out" date. Will spaces open back up on 7/3 (last day to cancel)? Will same-day spaces be available on 7/4? Also, we must keep in mind that this is only DL that is sold out. One could still book a reservation at DCA for 7/4, as of now.

So far, we are happy with this unexpected pass!

so it looks like the theory that the 31 day moving unavailable date was just a system glitch now that there seems to be an actual closed date on July 4th. there is no longer a 31 day marker.

so it looks like the theory that the 31 day moving unavailable date was just a system glitch now that there seems to be an actual closed date on July 4th. there is no longer a 31 day marker.
31 day marker was there earlier today, unless 7/22 is now unavailable.

And today (6/24) went "Unavailable" for Disneyland sometime this morning before the park opened on the first day of unreserved SW:GE.

And today (6/24) went "Unavailable" for Disneyland sometime this morning before the park opened on the first day of unreserved SW:GE.
Its unblocked now (6/24) at 4:30PM. This shows that Disney is blocking days for Flex Pass members based on expected demanded instead of actual reservations and since they didn't correctly predict crowds today, they decided to unblock it.

Its unblocked now (6/24) at 4:30PM. This shows that Disney is blocking days for Flex Pass members based on expected demanded instead of actual reservations and since they didn't correctly predict crowds today, they decided to unblock it.
Yep, I saw the same and noted the behavior in some other thread. Isn't the 'reversal' an exciting discovery?? Whoo-hoo!

Yep, I saw the same and noted the behavior in some other thread. Isn't the 'reversal' an exciting discovery?? Whoo-hoo!

Also, at 1:30am this morning July 4th was available. So it seems like when people cancel their reservations those slots become available again. So with the Flex Pass if the date you want to visit is booked, keep checking as it might open up as Disney adds reservation slots or as people cancel.

I’ve seen some speculation on other threads that Disney may unblock Deluxe AP’s for the summer from Disneyland given the low crowds that came with today’s SWGE opening. I’m hoping if there is any truth to this speculation, they give it a few weeks to see how the whole thing plays out. Seems like unblocking Deluxe AP’s would surely spell doom for us Flex pass holders and summer reservations.

Was anyone able to downgrade their deluxe pass to the flex pass successfully? I ask because my parents recently got the deluxe earlier this month but were told they couldn't get the flex at the window because they needed to have an account set up in the app prior to purchase. They aren't really tech savvy so they went with the deluxe. So, I am trying to see if they can downgrade without issue. I called recently to ask but the cm in the phone told me they couldn't downgrade. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Just thought I'd add our recent experience as an FYI so others can watch out.

Background: I upgraded DD14's 3 day hopper to a Flex Pass in the app when we were done in the parks on our last day, 5/27. I tried to pick up her physical card at the ticket booth but they wouldn't let me since she wasn't there (she and her friends were at Pop Up Disney). I was a little annoyed but whatever. She said something about verifying the photo but that didn't really make sense to me since I wasn't trying to change the photo or anything and her name was already assigned to the ticket. We needed to start the drive home so we decided we'd pick up her pass at our next visit, which I had already booked the reservation for (6/20 &21). I did notice that the expiration date of her Flex AP was 5/24/20 which was as expected since we first used the 3 day PH on 5/25/19.

Fast forward to 6/20. DD14 went to the ticket booth after we left DCA that night to pick up her physical card. I didn't go with her but another adult friend was there. The CM asked her if that day had been her first day in the park with the ticket/pass and she said no, it was a previous visit but she didn't specify the date (and the CM didn't ask any further questions). CM gave her the card and off they went.

The next morning, I randomly noticed in the app that her pass was now showing that it would expire on 1/6/2020 (which would correspond to when I purchased the 3-day PH that we upgraded to the Flex Pass). Obviously this makes no sense since the Flex Pass wasn't even available in January and it would not have been possible for me to upgrade a PH to the Flex Pass at that time. We had a full day planned at the parks so I tried not to stress too much and planned to stop by the ticket booths on our way out that evening.

When I got to the ticket booth, by total chance I got the same CM who had helped my daughter the night before (DD14 has a relatively unusual first name) and remembered the conversation about the first day. She said she didn't know the first date of use (but remember- CM also didn't ask DD14 the date or indicate to her that it was important!) so she used the purchase date but could adjust it. It was pretty painless in the end to get it fixed except that it did involve the extra trip to the ticket booth. I feel like it could have been a lot more of a problem if I hadn't had the same CM when I went to get it resolved. Lesson learned for DD14 that sometimes follow up questions are needed but I wish the CM had been more clear with her about what she was asking/why she needed the information as well.

TL;DR; make sure your expiration date still looks good after you pick up your physical pass!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter