News Round Up 2016

Swimming at 60* at the resorts is one thing...

Walking around wet in 60* weather from ride to ride...:crazy2: not so much...Especially the water dripping in the tunnel area...Frigid cold in the summer...LoL

plus 63 is the high that day. when the park opens it might hit 50. :( low is in the 30s

My understanding from reading the Disney article is the idea of taking a family vacation during typical school time with your kids before they are in school - so before they start Kindergarten, thus "Kindermoon" ... so positioning it as the last time you will be able to take a family vacation not during times everyone else is (school breaks)

We took ours out every year until 5th and 6th grade basketball started for my twins. After that, it had to be in between sports season. Schoolwork? that didn't matter as my kids always got good grades and our school system still believes that good family time is also essential.

Christmas decorations are coming down folks. The Christmas tree is already down at showcase plaza at Epcot.
The Epcot Christmas tree is always the first thing down to make room for New Year's Eve fireworks at Epcot. The rest of the decor should remain through marathon weekend.

Having seen what laser IMAX can do, I wish they'd enhance any 3D presentation to laser.
That and rotate clips in and out of this particular show.

Hmmmm, it looks like one opened near me in November. I had no idea. I'll definitely have to go check it out.

I feel like they could update things like Muppets, Bugs Life, Philharmgic pretty simply by just improving the projection and 3D - they wouldn't need to do any construction beyond changing out the projectors.

Is this type of thing (an after hours event with a separate charge - in this case $95) something Disneyland has done before? Seems like we hear more of "upcharging" events at Walt Disney World

I don't know about any after hours events, but they have WOC dessert party, a special event ticket for the Frozen show - things like that.

Is this type of thing (an after hours event with a separate charge - in this case $95) something Disneyland has done before? Seems like we hear more of "upcharging" events at Walt Disney World
Well they are doing the final night of ToT after hours event too. Disneyland doesn't do nearly as many upcharge events as WDW.

D23 Gold Member Gift for 2017 highlights Walt's "Nine Old Men"

“I am in no sense of the word a great artist, not even a great animator,” Walt Disney once said. “I have always had [people] working for me whose skills were greater than my own.” In celebration of Walt’s great animators, D23 presents its 2017 Gold Member Gift: Walt Disney’s “Nine Old Men.”

Les Clark, Marc Davis, Ollie Johnston, Milt Kahl, Ward Kimball, Eric Larson, John Lounsbery, Wolfgang Reitherman, Frank Thomas; this core group of animators earned their nickname from none other than Walt himself. Though the “Nine Old Men” is in reference to President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s terming the U.S. Supreme Court justices, as in “nine old men, all too aged to recognize a new idea,” these animators were truly innovators—recognizing and putting into action new ideas, and bringing personalities to life through a craft that they helped create and continued to develop throughout their careers. The “Nine Old Men” are responsible for countless Disney characters, including Peter Pan (Milt Kahl), Maleficent (Marc Davis), and Jiminy Cricket (Ward Kimball).

D23 worked with the Walt Disney Archives and Disney Animation Research Library to curate 23 artifacts that honor the careers and legacies of the “Nine Old Men.” Included in the array of treasures are a behind-the-scenes studio production report marking Disney’s entry into weekly television, including episodes spotlighting the animators, a pinback button saluting Eric Larson on his 50th anniversary at Disney, the distinctive program from the 1989 ceremony inducting the “Nine Old Men” as Disney Legends, and faithfully replicated animation drawings actually penciled by the iconic animators. The gift is housed in a beautiful keepsake, a book-like box, perfect for display or safekeeping on your Disney bookshelf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter