News Round Up 2017

Seems like DVC people (which I believe you are) already do this.

I am totally happy foregoing Mousekeeping for my $80 a night room at AKV in November.

And yes - adding on housekeeping to a DVC studio is $30, trash and towel only is $15. In theory - DVC SHOULD be charging you Disney's costs, but I somehow doubt that they are paying housekeepers $30 an hour (the most they might spend in a room) I guess for me to choose this I would want a $10-15 credit PER NIGHT, not $40 for a week-long stay.

Correct. Perhaps that's why I am ok with this option.

For a few nights, it would probably be an ok trade off. But with a family and/or a long stay I don't think it would be worth it. I'm curious to find out more about this. Not like it would impact me anymore but I think it could represent a huge shift in the perceived level of service.
Yes- even though it is an optional reduction in service, it really cheapens the perception of the Disney experience.

Since we travel with our little kids, I would love some sort of on-demand type thing to request Mousekeeping service. Or a credit and a way to get bigger trash cans or empty them somewhere ourselves. We really just need the trash taken out daily (diapers... so many diapers), but we always run into problems with when they're able to clean/tidy the rooms - it's usually when we're heading back for nap time. Then 7 times out of 10 they don't or can't come back later when we'll be gone again. I wish we could request in advance a time window. I know that's not at ALL efficient, but it can't be efficient to have to come back to our room later in the day anyway.

Yes- even though it is an optional reduction in service, it really cheapens the perception of the Disney experience.
I can totally see that viewpoint even though that's not how I view it. I think at least in part it depends on what people value and what people do as a norm anyways.

For those that appreciate the aspect of clean room every day and new sheets (depending on length of stay) , trash being taken out everyday, possibility of pixie dust (like the unique things mousekeeping on occasion have done in rooms), etc trading that for a gift card may not appeal to them.

But for those that don't value those as much a gift card could be worth it to them. I would say that those that tend to decline housekeeping in other places might be more likely to do it especially if the incentive appeals to them.

It's hard to form a complete opinion on it without knowing if it is a true 'test' thing and what the rules are regarding it (like getting towels for instance).

Since we travel with our little kids, I would love some sort of on-demand type thing to request Mousekeeping service. Or a credit and a way to get bigger trash cans or empty them somewhere ourselves. We really just need the trash taken out daily (diapers... so many diapers), but we always run into problems with when they're able to clean/tidy the rooms - it's usually when we're heading back for nap time. Then 7 times out of 10 they don't or can't come back later when we'll be gone again. I wish we could request in advance a time window. I know that's not at ALL efficient, but it can't be efficient to have to come back to our room later in the day anyway.

I do like the idea of something on-demand. Like maybe have 1 cleaning for stays up to 5 days or something and you schedule when it happens. As long as there was something to do with full garbage outside of that time and a way to get fresh/additional towels, I think that would be good

Would be nice if they updated the film though

I can't remember, but are they also changing the show? It seems to be long overdue. Would be a shame to open up this whole new area with the same old tired show.

I am sure @rteetz would know better than me but I haven't heard anything about them updating the show. I enjoy it but obviously something technologically improved would be nice

I am sure @rteetz would know better than me but I haven't heard anything about them updating the show. I enjoy it but obviously something technologically improved would be nice
The show isn't changing as far as I'm aware. The exterior is what is seeing work at the moment.

Ok so I know I am just terribly late on watching this but I forgot to mention my husband and I watched Moana for the first time on Netflix over the weekend.

So ever since then my husband randomly starts singing/saying "you're welcome" (well actually he's saying "what can I say, except (or sometimes he leaves except out) you're welcome" while I've got that and "how far I'll go" stuck in my head. It probably doesn't help that a day or two before we watched it Ashton Kutcher was on Jimmy Fallon talking about how he can't stop singing "what can I say, you're welcome". Who knows how long it'll be stuck in our minds :crazy2::scared:.

And as an FYI we both really liked the movie :D:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter