News Round Up 2017

It would, but after that area got built at Universal instead of Disney it's probably pretty low on the list of ideas to recreate that at Disney

Universal's got the Forbidden Forest part down with Harry Potter. Most people are pretty sure that the new coaster over there is going to cover the forest.

But it wouldn't be the first time the two parks have copied each other.

This is especially true with the rumors of the Forbidden Forest coming to Universal

While I understand what each of you are saying, I must not have done a good job at conveying my point. Disney could have (and really should have) been the first to do this had they taken their Beastly Kingdom plans and ran with them. The rides in Pandora are more or less their original ideas for Beastly Kingdom, just with an Avatar overlay. Mythological creatures don't have to rely on relevancy.

Universal wins with Harry Potter because there are 8 core movies, one spin-off, and more on the way. They have built areas of an already established world that people actually wanted to visit before Universal built them. Harry Potter is still alive and kicking. It's a franchise that has the ability to be passed down from generation to generation. Children that grew up while the series was being released are now having their children read the books. It's a cycle.

Avatar just isn't there. And I don't think it ever will be. Not when there's a decade between the cannon.

While I understand what each of you are saying, I must not have done a good job at conveying my point. Disney could have (and really should have) been the first to do this had they taken their Beastly Kingdom plans and ran with them. The rides in Pandora are more or less their original ideas for Beastly Kingdom, just with an Avatar overlay. Mythological creatures don't have to rely on relevancy.

Universal wins with Harry Potter because there are 8 core movies, one spin-off, and more on the way. They have built areas of an already established world that people actually wanted to visit before Universal built them. Harry Potter is still alive and kicking. It's a franchise that has the ability to be passed down from generation to generation. Children that grew up while the series was being released are now having their children read the books. It's a cycle.

Avatar just isn't there. And I don't think it ever will be. Not when there's a decade between the cannon.

oh, yeah, absolutely Disney should have built the original Beastly Kingdom and as you mentioned before it is more timeless than Avatar

But,t hey chose to do Dinoland instead because they had the Dinosaur moving coming out - so, um, yeah, that worked out

oh, yeah, absolutely Disney should have built the original Beastly Kingdom and as you mentioned before it is more timeless than Avatar

But,t hey chose to do Dinoland instead because they had the Dinosaur moving coming out - so, um, yeah, that worked out
While I agree I think Disney did a good job making Avatar as timeless as they could. For example the land isn't directly connect to the movie(s). It doesn't specifically reference characters from the movie and I think could stand on its own. It even has it's own storyline where after years of war and destruction the Navi are allowing humans into their "realm". The Navi is that mythical creature.

While I agree I think Disney did a good job making Avatar as timeless as they could. For example the land isn't directly connect to the movie(s). It doesn't specifically reference characters from the movie and I think could stand on its own. It even has it's own storyline where after years of war and destruction the Navi are allowing humans into their "realm". The Navi is that mythical creature.

From what I've seen and heard the land is very cool, but that storyline is pretty lame.

While I get what you are saying - it is still Pandora and both rides heavily feature the Navi so it is very specific to that franchise. They did do as good as they could and very much agree they were smart to place it after the movies, etc. - it's still a specific world created for a specific film. Not quite the same as unicorns and dragons and stuff

There is a bit more too it of course but that’s the general idea. IMO the land is awesome and was worth it.

Oh the land is awesome, no question!

They literally just released a great Dinosaur movie! The Good Dinosaur was beautiful!!

Given the box office, the critical reviews, and the complete lack of staying power, I think you might be in the minority on that opinion. As much as a Pixar movie has ever been a flop, that one flopped. From my own experience, my kids were 4, 4, and 6 when I took them... none of them cared for it or even managed to stay interested throughout the movie. I personally though it was kind of lame and bland, but it's really my kids opinion that took the cake. The only other movie we've ever gone to they were that bored by was The BFG.

Given the box office, the critical reviews, and the complete lack of staying power, I think you might be in the minority on that opinion. As much as a Pixar movie has ever been a flop, that one flopped. From my own experience, my kids were 4, 4, and 6 when I took them... none of them cared for it or even managed to stay interested throughout the movie. I personally though it was kind of lame and bland, but it's really my kids opinion that took the cake. The only other movie we've ever gone to they were that bored by was The BFG.
Agree with you totally on this. Took my then 4 year old and you could not pay either of us to watch it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!