News Round Up 2017

Agree with you totally on this. Took my then 4 year old and you could not pay either of us to watch it again.
wow I thought it was a sweet story with beautiful animation. That said I am not entirely surprised that kids were bored.

oh, yeah, absolutely Disney should have built the original Beastly Kingdom and as you mentioned before it is more timeless than Avatar

But,t hey chose to do Dinoland instead because they had the Dinosaur moving coming out - so, um, yeah, that worked out

I thought Camp Minnie-Mickey was where Beastly Kingdom was slated to go. Wasn't DinoLand always in the plans? Animals of the Past, Present, and Fantasy?

wow I thought it was a sweet story with beautiful animation. That said I am not entirely surprised that kids were bored.

I think it was hard for people to get behind it because you had these, amazing, photo-realistic landscapes and backdrops mixed with these absurdly cartoon-y characters. People may not have been able to put their finger on why the movie actually looked off, but their brain did.

I also think the story suffered from being generic and middle of the road. Middle of the road is the worst a movie can be, especially in a stable such as Pixar.

I am planning on doing the Castaway Cay 5k when we go on our Disney Cruise in February ... can we combine our efforts? ;)

I just did the Castaway Cay 5K on September 3rd. We were the last sailing on the Dream out of Port Canaveral before Irma so we got lucky. Drink LOTS of water during the run, especially down the landing strip section.

06EC43FE-93A7-45E8-80A5-C706A60213B4.JPG

The calm before the storm as they say. We stayed concierge on this cruise and the service was the best I have had anywhere, including the Four Seasons in Orlando. It was a great trip.

IMG_7973.JPG

I thought Camp Minnie-Mickey was where Beastly Kingdom was slated to go. Wasn't DinoLand always in the plans? Animals of the Past, Present, and Fantasy?

yes, the original plans were for Beastly Kingdom to be where Pandora is now (where Camp Minnie-Mickey got built as a quick/cheap something) and Dinoland was to be where it is now - but due to budget cuts management basically said you can build one or the other but not both Dinoland and Beastly Kingdom and the decision was made to build dinoland, at least partly, because they had the movie Dinosaur coming out (which the Dinosaur attraction is connected to)

I'm beating a dead horse, but I think Dinosaurs are perfect theme for a land. I think most just think that given the amount of detail apparent in Animal kingdom for all the other "land", it definitely feels incomplete or done poorly. The boneyard is good, the Dinosaur attractions is good(yes it could be better) enough. It's the chester and hester stuff that really sort of becomes the let down, and is out of character with the rest of the park. I don't think the rides themselves are awful, but theme is just not there. I'd rather see vegetation similar to when Dinosaurs roamed the earth whether it be fake or modern equivalents. I'd even be happy to see it include the ice age side of things, of beasts long gone. There is so much possible.

I'm beating a dead horse, but I think Dinosaurs are perfect theme for a land. I think most just think that given the amount of detail apparent in Animal kingdom for all the other "land", it definitely feels incomplete or done poorly. The boneyard is good, the Dinosaur attractions is good(yes it could be better) enough. It's the chester and hester stuff that really sort of becomes the let down, and is out of character with the rest of the park. I don't think the rides themselves are awful, but theme is just not there. I'd rather see vegetation similar to when Dinosaurs roamed the earth whether it be fake or modern equivalents. I'd even be happy to see it include the ice age side of things, of beasts long gone. There is so much possible.

Could probably do similar to what they did in Pandora where they have the "fake" mixed in with the "real" so you can't really tell what is fake or real. Could probably even do some animatronics in the area like you are viewing real dinosaurs (I guess sort of like the raptor encounter at Universal, but more "realistic" as if you are observing them like the other animals on the trails in the other parts of AK)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter