News Round Up 2017

I hear a lot of comparisons about what is a bigger draw, Star Wars or Nintendo. I am a huge super fan of SW. I honestly think more people are familiar with and like Nintendo than SW. I still think it's kind of odd, this newfound SW in the mainstream popularity. It boggles my mind that kids can wear SW shirts to school today. If I would have done that growing up I'd have been beat up in school.

Don't underestimate Nintendo.

I agree with this. I'm not a sw fan but am looking forward to Nintendo. I'd live to see a duck hunt game planning a hopeful trip to Japan in 2020 but it'll be after their Nintendo land opens as that's the only reason I'd go to Uni over there. Also not a HP fan so having been to Uni on my last 2 WDW trips I have no reason to go again there's no repeatability for me.

I hear a lot of comparisons about what is a bigger draw, Star Wars or Nintendo. I am a huge super fan of SW. I honestly think more people are familiar with and like Nintendo than SW. I still think it's kind of odd, this newfound SW in the mainstream popularity. It boggles my mind that kids can wear SW shirts to school today. If I would have done that growing up I'd have been beat up in school.

Don't underestimate Nintendo.

This is huge. I think a lot of people do underestimate Nintendo especially from an international perspective. Nintendo is huge around the world. Yes so is Star Wars but I feel Nintendo is better known internationally than Star Wars.

I feel like Nintendo has broader appeal but Star Wars has a deeper appeal - that the people that are into it are REALLY into it ... like I am not aware of any group like the 501 for Nintendo ... but perhaps I am just not aware of them

I feel like Nintendo has broader appeal but Star Wars has a deeper appeal - that the people that are into it are REALLY into it ... like I am not aware of any group like the 501 for Nintendo ... but perhaps I am just not aware of them

Agreed. Most of my friends and family of similar age to me (born in late 70s/early 80s) have very fond memories of Nintendo from their childhood. They will think the land is cool but most wouldn't go out of their way for it. Neither hubby not myself are into Star Wars, but I have already heard some people I know making plans to go. And most of them don't give a hoot about Disney otherwise.

We just walked in the door from seeing Coco and have to say I was really impressed and highly recommend it! It was visually beautiful and has such a great story. I liked it so much better than Moana and Frozen. My 12 year old loved it, and my 6 year old enjoyed it and understood the storyline. The kids got antsy toward the last 20 minutes and we all blame the darn Olaf short!

For those wanting to skip the short, you can safely arrive in the theater 35-40 minutes after the scheduled start time...it was cute but nothing to write home about.

Spoiler free!
Saw Coco this afternoon and there were parts of both the movie and the Frozen short where the animation just blew me away.
In Coco there is so much detail in the movie I spent most of the time watching everything but the main characters.

I will say it was looooong with the short and previews added in. Started at 1, walked in at 12:55 and previews were already rolling. Then the short started around 1:15, movie around 1:45, walked out around 3:30. Thankfully the kids there weren’t too fidgety so that it ruined it for others.

Fantastic news for Disneyland Paris. I’m hoping that $2.4 billion will go further than just 2hotel refurbs and a new attraction.

Personally I think it will be part of phased refurbishment on Disney Studios which is dire. Toy Story land there is popular but I think Marvel land will be next with ToT becoming guardians Mission Breakout firstly.

Fantastic news for Disneyland Paris. I’m hoping that $2.4 billion will go further than just 2hotel refurbs and a new attraction.

Personally I think it will be part of phased refurbishment on Disney Studios which is dire. Toy Story land there is popular but I think Marvel land will be next with ToT becoming guardians Mission Breakout firstly.
This new attraction will likely be marvel related. That seems to be the emphasis there.

Spoiler free!
Saw Coco this afternoon and there were parts of both the movie and the Frozen short where the animation just blew me away.
In Coco there is so much detail in the movie I spent most of the time watching everything but the main characters.

I will say it was looooong with the short and previews added in. Started at 1, walked in at 12:55 and previews were already rolling. Then the short started around 1:15, movie around 1:45, walked out around 3:30. Thankfully the kids there weren’t too fidgety so that it ruined it for others.

I agree with all of this (saw it this afternoon) - really enjoyed the movie. Kids were figitting a bit at the end but also think how emotional the last 20 mins or so are got to them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter