News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW News Today confirms overnight parking fees for resort parking lots. Charges will be based on whether resort is Value, Mod, or Deluxe. DVC members will be exempt, if staying on points. Valet fees also are increasing.

Also exempt will be dining guests, etc., but no mention is made about exemption for passholders.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/breaking-...charging-resort-guests-for-overnight-parking/

WDWNT said:
Disney is expected to soon announce...

Sorry, that's not confirmation. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, or that they are wrong, but until Disney says it themselves, nothing is confirmed.

WDW News Today confirms overnight parking fees for resort parking lots. Charges will be based on whether resort is Value, Mod, or Deluxe. DVC members will be exempt, if staying on points. Valet fees also are increasing.

Also exempt will be dining guests, etc., but no mention is made about exemption for passholders.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/breaking-...charging-resort-guests-for-overnight-parking/

Can I make a dining reservation at the resort I'm staying at every day to avoid the fee? /s

Interesting on the DVC point - another "perk" they give to members that (a) a real sense costs them very little and (b) saves members a considerable amount - IF they drive (which I don't). At $25 a night you could easily be looking at $200 in savings a year by buying direct - direct buy gives more and more "value". Disney is very focused on differentiating resale and direct buys.

News

Kevin Feige has confirmed Black Panther sequel is coming.

In the "no duh" department. It's 2nd only to the first Avengers movie, and could still pass it.

Sorry, that's not confirmation. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, or that they are wrong, but until Disney says it themselves, nothing is confirmed.
Though it's not official confirmation, multiple, usually reliable sources are now reporting this change.

Can I make a dining reservation at the resort I'm staying at every day to avoid the fee? /s

If they didn't have that cancellation fee I'm sure that's exactly what we would see. (I know you were being sarcastic, but if the loophole was there...)

Though it's not official confirmation, multiple, usually reliable sources are now reporting this change.

I understand; though by definition, nothing is truly confirmed until it comes directly from Disney, and even then things can be in flux (oh, hello Magic Kingdom Main Street Theater). Again, I'm not saying this is wrong, I'm just saying the use of the word "confirm" was incorrect.

I'm just a stickler for the correct words.

Pretty sure they said in the article that the fee is essentially for overnight parking...kind of hard to take your car off property every evening.

Yeah, and if staying at a neighbor place, that has no parking fee, why stay onsite with a car? Annoying, since I assume the price of the room will not be lower, since backing out the parking lot costs. Boo. As I like to drive to the parks, and keep my car overnight at the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter