News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your options at this point are:
1) remain silent
2) attempt to gently correct the child on behalf of their parents
3) get super passive aggressive (examples: call somebody on your phone to complain and assume they don't know English, attempt to position yourself to knock over the child by "accident", cough in their general direction without covering your mouth)

Let us know how you proceed? :P:D

Well maybe #1 is the way to go...

I’ve remained silent so far mainly because the child doesn’t speak English. I’ve given several eye rolls but the dad is too busy on his phone.

After further review option #3 is now the way to go.

(I know I'm late but if #3 I hope a youtube video appears soon.

They already confirmed they are moving the parade to 2PM again so that should mean they are allowing party guests in at 4PM like usual.
Or they are just reverting to 2PM to hopefully avoid the daily afternoon thunderstorms.

Successful first day. FoP three times, Everest twice, safari, gorilla falls trail, Satuli Canteen, Rivers of Light, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and now heading back to All-Star Sports. I did decline the housekeeping for the rest of my stay so I get a $30 gift card. They do have the H2O dispensers in the bathroom instead of small individual bottles.

Successful first day. FoP three times, Everest twice, safari, gorilla falls trail, Satuli Canteen, Rivers of Light, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and now heading back to All-Star Sports. I did decline the housekeeping for the rest of my stay so I get a $30 gift card. They do have the H2O dispensers in the bathroom instead of small individual bottles.

any notice or any sign of the security checks?

Room checks? No I wasn’t in my room all day so haven’t seen that.

ok, yeah wondering if any sign or if they mentioned anything when you checked in or any sign that someone was in your room when you got back. No big deal, just wondering

Not sure if it was talked about previously but I stumbled on an article earlier today reporting that John Musker has retired from Disney.

RE: entering at 6pm vs. 4pm... have we considered yet the source of this info. This is a phone CM which is 1 notch higher than bus driver on the reputation scale. I mean it could be true but one random report on the DIS from a phone call...not sure I'm believing any change yet.

Except depending on who you talked to last year different CMs had different info. Not bus drivers, just random CMs. Some said entry at 4 (most did say this), a few said entry at 6 (wrong) and then the whole FP debacle on top of that. CMs totally had way different info on that. I'm guessing they are closing that FP loophole this year as much as IT will allow.

I used to train the Disney Reservation Center (DRC) Cast Members. Between classes, I answered calls. I completely understand why guests get upset over conflicting information. But, the assumption that it's always the DRC Cast Member who is responsible for the false information is a bad one. DRC agents verify information using an intranet site. The same piece of information can appear in multiple locations on the intranet. In my experience, it wasn't uncommon to see conflicting information. But, you'd only know it's conflicting if you look in two places.

Undoubtedly, there are poor DRC agents that assume they know the answer and fail to verify the information they provide. But, please don't assume the worst of a Cast Member. Chances are good that if you're given conflicting information by a DRC Cast Member, it's not because they made a mistake. They are only passing along the information to which they have access.

(For the record, providing conflicting information is never okay. It's just a pet peeve of mine to see my former colleagues continually getting blamed for this problem.)

I used to train the Disney Reservation Center (DRC) Cast Members. Between classes, I answered calls. I completely understand why guests get upset over conflicting information. But, the assumption that it's always the DRC Cast Member who is responsible for the false information is a bad one. DRC agents verify information using an intranet site. The same piece of information can appear in multiple locations on the intranet. In my experience, it wasn't uncommon to see conflicting information. But, you'd only know it's conflicting if you look in two places.

Undoubtedly, there are poor DRC agents that assume they know the answer and fail to verify the information they provide. But, please don't assume the worst of a Cast Member. Chances are good that if you're given conflicting information by a DRC Cast Member, it's not because they made a mistake. They are only passing along the information to which they have access.

(For the record, providing conflicting information is never okay. It's just a pet peeve of mine to see my former colleagues continually getting blamed for this problem.)
To be clear I wasn’t blaming any CM for not having the correct info. I’m aware Disney has a communications problem when it comes to disseminating correct info to everyone. Just like Disney has a pretty large IT problem. I don’t blame the tech support CMs. I didn’t mean for it to come off that way and if it did I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!