News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have canceled Netflix (I rarely used it anyways) in preparation for this... :D
I piggyback off my parents Netflix, but I’m absolutely prepared to return the favor and pay out of pocket for this.

Just hoping they put all the 30 for 30s in there too!

That's unfortunate. We are going to Disneyland Paris for the first (and probably only) time this August. Crossing my fingers this is open by then but I'm not holding my breath. Anything in Phantom Manor that is drastically different from the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Haunted Mansions?
There is more of a story to Phantom Manor. It is about a Phantom killing the groom of Constance? and her journey to search for her dead husband, even after death. It also features the under version of Frontierland and the Phantom is supposedly Constace's father, who was killed at the Big Thunder Mountain Mining Co when he refused to stop digging. Frontierland is certainly the most immersive and story-driven land at Disneyland Paris :)

There is more of a story to Phantom Manor. It is about a Phantom killing the groom of Constance? and her journey to search for her dead husband, even after death. It also features the under version of Frontierland and the Phantom is supposedly Constace's father, who was killed at the Big Thunder Mountain Mining Co when he refused to stop digging. Frontierland is certainly the most immersive and story-driven land at Disneyland Paris :)

I loved it. Instead of the graveyard scene it's a ghostly mining town, the stretching room portraits are different.

That's unfortunate. We are going to Disneyland Paris for the first (and probably only) time this August. Crossing my fingers this is open by then but I'm not holding my breath. Anything in Phantom Manor that is drastically different from the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Haunted Mansions?

I feel your pain, Pirates was closed when I went to DLP last spring and I had really been looking forward to seeing the differences. We have tentative plans to go back in 10 years or so once all the Marvel stuff is done, but that's a long time to wait.

I piggyback off my parents Netflix, but I’m absolutely prepared to return the favor and pay out of pocket for this.

Just hoping they put all the 30 for 30s in there too!
My husband and I used to have our own accounts but they've since added 2 accounts allowed on one monthly subscription so I cancelled my streaming aspect and added myself to my husband's which was for no additional charge. I'm one of those rare people who still have the DVD portion. I get into routines where I'll used that consistently and then won't use it for a while. I mainly use it for movies that are harder to find and ones my library doesn't have.

I'm intrigued by the new Disney streaming service but I want some people to be guinea pigs before I really start thinking about it lol.

From what’s I’ve heard it has a bit of a darker tone than HM.

I might have canceled Netflix (I rarely used it anyways) in preparation for this... :D

See not me. It could have the best content, but Disney is going to need to prove to me they can put it on a stable, user friendly platform before I'm going to jump into it. I have WAY too many issues with the Disney Now app to go and pay for something similar.

UCF’s undefeated season is impressive; however, I think it is a bit of a stretch to be declared National Champions. A win against Auburn does not a championship make. It’s playing the “we beat x team, who beat Alabama/Georgia/etc. so in effect we beat Alabama” game. Plenty of undefeated teams have gone without the title of National Champions. Bottom line is that they need a stronger schedule if they want to be considered for a bid to become National Champions.

All that being said, I think the school is doing the right thing in paying out bonuses and I think it’s great that WDW is giving them a parade. Their hard work and accomplishments deserve to be celebrated.
strength of schedule has something to do with it. but the "national CHampion" didn]t win it's conference championship, they didnt even play in it and UCF beat the second place SEC title holder. Ithink that is playing in the big leagues. just goes to show what a joke the playoff series is. Alambam should not have been in the playoffs in the first place if you were going to give a second SEC team in it should have been auburn. other than that it should have been UCF or possibly wisconsin who had the best big 10 record

The DIS has been posting on twitter the nuew music they have filmed at different locations:

Chinese Theater:
https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/951519957191479297

Sunset Bvld:
https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/951517938913292293

Rock N Roller coaster:
https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/951515452718698502

Baseline Taphouse:
https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/951506089161510912
I don’t feel like the sunset boulevard one really changed that much (granted it’s just a 40 second clip). But it could also be because I spend the bulk of my time over there in line for ToT which channels the same vibe

I don’t feel like the sunset boulevard one really changed that much (granted it’s just a 40 second clip). But it could also be because I spend the bulk of my time over there in line for ToT which channels the same vibe

I agree - that one definitely still has a similar vibe to what was played there before

Not sure about the Baseline Taphouse one ... at least that songs sounds a bit too much like Ron Burgundy playing recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!