News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I find more interesting than the change in the background music is the continued/frequent use of "Adventure" to describe the updated park. It was rumored long ago, but I still think the odds on favorite name for the park will be "Disney's Hollywood Adventure" or some variation on that.

I don't think there's a single piece of new news here - even the High School Musical series I think had already been announced.

Oh - please let them run this for Presidents week! I don't know why they wouldn't, but DD saw the Christmas show somewhere on line and was hoping it would be there while we were there - would love to see this one of the nights we are there!

The DIS has been posting on twitter the nuew music they have filmed at different locations:

Chinese Theater:
https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/951519957191479297

Sunset Bvld:
https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/951517938913292293

Rock N Roller coaster:
https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/951515452718698502

Baseline Taphouse:
https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/951506089161510912

To be honest, if I didn't read it on here I likely would never had noticed the music having been changed. They all seem appropriate to their areas so works for me.

Not sure about the Baseline Taphouse one ... at least that songs sounds a bit too much like Ron Burgundy playing recorder

I'm at work so I can't listen yet, but if it's the same as it was last month there I agree. It was a fun game to try to figure out what song was being butchered while we drank there. There were some really bad covers.

What I find more interesting than the change in the background music is the continued/frequent use of "Adventure" to describe the updated park. It was rumored long ago, but I still think the odds on favorite name for the park will be "Disney's Hollywood Adventure" or some variation on that.

I noticed that too ... at this point I think I would be surprised if the new name isn't something like Hollywood adventure

strength of schedule has something to do with it. but the "national CHampion" didn]t win it's conference championship, they didnt even play in it and UCF beat the second place SEC title holder. Ithink that is playing in the big leagues. just goes to show what a joke the playoff series is. Alambam should not have been in the playoffs in the first place if you were going to give a second SEC team in it should have been auburn. other than that it should have been UCF or possibly wisconsin who had the best big 10 record

I didn’t really get a chance to respond to previous posts on this because I got really busy and wasn’t able to respond and then when I could, the thread had moved on. I know people offered various solutions but I still say there is no really easy or fair solution that wouldn’t extend the season an unreasonable amount of time. (These are still kids, after all.) If they only took one team from each conference it still wouldn’t be “fair” because you may not have the two teams that are truly best in the nation. The fact is that these conversations will likely occur every year because some school will feel slighted or that the system is stacked against them.

And to your point, while UCF legitimately beat Auburn, I don’t think Auburn came into the game with the right mental mindset...probably they underestimated UCF. Football is such an emotional game. UCF had everything to prove and Auburn didn’t. As someone previously pointed out, UCF has now put itself on the radar, let’s see where they go from here!

I think the most interesting is the Rockin' Roller coaster area having both Aerosmith and other bands play their music. Is this confirming that the roller coaster is safe. as I think there were rumours of its replacement at one point, or does it suggest the potentiol for an overlay with another band? Also, as Animation Courtyard didn't get new music, does this hint that Disney has plans for that area, meaning they don't want to take time creating a new music loop for it to not be used for long? All speculation but you never know

See not me. It could have the best content, but Disney is going to need to prove to me they can put it on a stable, user friendly platform before I'm going to jump into it. I have WAY too many issues with the Disney Now app to go and pay for something similar.

Just out of curiosity, do you use the Hulu app? I think hulu is probably my most hated of the streaming apps, I cannot stand the interface. I think Disney Now is loads better than Hulu.

Just out of curiosity, do you use the Hulu app? I think hulu is probably my most hated of the streaming apps, I cannot stand the interface. I think Disney Now is loads better than Hulu.

I do, and I agree it's not good. But Disney Now does weird things (at least with all of our Roku connections). There are times it won't load. Times when I home out of it the audio just keeps playing. It takes forever to load. I usually need to log back into it at least once a week. I mean, maybe it is just our Rokus, but it is just terrible. My daughter won't use it for her Disney Junior shows, she still goes to the Disney Junior app when she wants something not currently on.

To be honest, if I didn't read it on here I likely would never had noticed the music having been changed. They all seem appropriate to their areas so works for me.
The only thing I’ll miss is the area around the Chinese theater used to play classic movie soundtracks, but given the great movie ride (may it Rest In Peace) is no more, it doesn’t make much sense to continue using that loop

I think the most interesting is the Rockin' Roller coaster area having both Aerosmith and other bands play their music. Is this confirming that the roller coaster is safe. as I think there were rumours of its replacement at one point, or does it suggest the potentiol for an overlay with another band? Also, as Animation Courtyard didn't get new music, does this hint that Disney has plans for that area, meaning they don't want to take time creating a new music loop for it to not be used for long? All speculation but you never know
I have no idea if you’re correct or not but I’m going to hop onto this bandwagon because 1. Id be fine with either idea and 2. I enjoy reading into things even when I’m wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter