News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring 2020 I believe for Rat. Tron is 2021.

That’s a possibility I haven’t thought about.

I know people are really split on the internal buses at Fort Wilderness. I don't mind them, but people spend a small fortune renting golf carts to avoid the issue of waiting on 2 pieces of transportation. I wouldn't think it would be a popular solution.

I know people are really split on the internal buses at Fort Wilderness. I don't mind them, but people spend a small fortune renting golf carts to avoid the issue of waiting on 2 pieces of transportation. I wouldn't think it would be a popular solution.

Well, there will be an increase in internal bus use for the gondola though - correct? It won't be within easy walking distance of ALL the rooms.

Well, there will be an increase in internal bus use for the gondola though - correct? It won't be within easy walking distance of ALL the rooms.
If I'm reading the map right then it will be farthest from either the far end of Aruba or from Centertown. Either way though, looks like the farthest will be something over 1/4 mile but less than 1/2. So yeah, there is some walking there but is it enough for people to walk to a bus station, wait on a bus, ride the bus over, and hop off? I'm sure some will, but I expect the upshot will be Jamaica will get very popular.

If I'm reading the map right then it will be farthest from either the far end of Aruba or from Centertown. Either way though, looks like the farthest will be something over 1/4 mile but less than 1/2. So yeah, there is some walking there but is it enough for people to walk to a bus station, wait on a bus, ride the bus over, and hop off? I'm sure some will, but I expect the upshot will be Jamaica will get very popular.

Gonna be a pretty good walk from what's left of Martinque as well, and the furthest reaches of Trinadad South.

Interesting...So, this stop gets to have people separated, but the other stops will still be the same? I don't understand the need for the change.

Actually makes sense to me. I've seen many times where multiple buses arrive at the same stop at the same time. The second and third buses have to wait for the the first one to unload & load before pulling in. So, if they now have different stops/depots, this could eliminate that problem and reduce congestion and delays.

Actually makes sense to me. I've seen many times where multiple buses arrive at the same stop at the same time. The second and third buses have to wait for the the first one to unload & load before pulling in. So, if they now have different stops/depots, this could eliminate that problem and reduce congestion and delays.
But that is only for one stop. There are still 2-3 more stops that this issue could happen. I think I'm just confused into thinking that is this going to be the only bus stop at the resort (which is still big) or will they keep the other bus stops around the resort?

But that is only for one stop. There are still 2-3 more stops that this issue could happen. I think I'm just confused into thinking that is this going to be the only bus stop at the resort (which is still big) or will they keep the other bus stops around the resort?
I’m thinking there will be some changes to buses for CBR.

While you and I may know that, people's feelings aren't rational.

Yeah you got a point there. I think for the most part people will have no idea but I'm sure some CMs will be comping some parking to make people go away.

Perhaps, this is something we will see more of going forward at all the resorts.

I find it hard to believe ANY of the current projects will take until 2021 except for Tron and maybe Guardians. Over 3 years to build a single ride seems insane.

I actually think Guardians will take the longest - it is almost a mini-land until itself with a ton of land clearing and water retention work needed then build a new show building then create the queue and preshow areas that are so large they take up what was an entire pavilion and then the ride itself is supposed to be a brand new ride system, etc. - so the first of anything takes longer

Tron has some challenges in needing all the work inside a busy area of MK, and to be build around the train, etc. - but at least that is a copy of an existing ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter