News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw “Together Forever” fireworks for the 2nd time tonight. My friend said it beats every Disney firework show she’s ever seen. (She’s never been outside of DLR so she just means the other fireworks shows DLR has done.)

The most interesting thing to me was the fact that both times I’ve seen it, the loudest crowd reaction by far was for the Coco scene. Hoping Disney takes note and actually pulls the trigger on the Coco ride in the Mexico pavilion!

Had a discussion about this in a Facebook growing up wondering if they could ever bring this to the parks - maybe even just Animal Kingdom to promote conservation

I know in some countries they charge you for plastic bags so could see them start doing that at some point
I would love if as part of your vacation package you got a reusable bag to use for shopping, then if you forgot it or didn’t want to carry it around you would get a small charge for plastic bags. So not only do they reduce plastic bag usage but you get a souvenir bag.

Had a discussion about this in a Facebook growing up wondering if they could ever bring this to the parks - maybe even just Animal Kingdom to promote conservation

I know in some countries they charge you for plastic bags so could see them start doing that at some point

I would love if as part of your vacation package you got a reusable bag to use for shopping, then if you forgot it or didn’t want to carry it around you would get a small charge for plastic bags. So not only do they reduce plastic bag usage but you get a souvenir bag.

I wonder if they’d ever consider switching to paper? Though I can see that being a nightmare when you get that inevitable 3 o’clock rain shower.

I have to believe there’s a material out there that’s cheap to make and not as damaging as plastic, but not as flimsy as paper.

They are doing as part of the promotion at the Disney stores giving you a free reusable bag with purchase while supplies last and then $0.99 after that - but great idea to include one with your package or even just part of your room stay or something

OK, - I’m going to be the non-environmentally friendly voice here, but I really do not like the idea of the Disney Store not using plastic bags and then charging $.99 for a bag...talking about a money grab! Not only do they no longer have to pay for plastic bags but now they’ll make money off of them. $.99 is not going to break the bank for me, but I don’t want to go to the mall carrying reusable shopping bags not knowing if I’m going to even purchase anything. And if I do happen to go into the Disney Store and decide to purchase on impulse, I have to pay an additional amount of money for the “privilege” of conveniently carrying out the merchandise I just purchased from their store. No thanks. It *will* impact my decision to purchase or, more likely, not.

I was floored when I went to Target at DLR and found out I had to pay $.10 per bag. I’m a tourist, for Pete’s sake. Why would I bring reusable shopping bags with me?

At home, I use the reusable bags 95% of the time for grocery shopping and I recycle or reuse the plastic bags I do collect. And, on the occasion when I am shopping at the mall, I try to avoid getting multiple bags. If my purchases will fit in a bag I already have, then I’ll combine them. Maybe they could go back to using...dare I say it?...paper bags?

After typing the above mini-rant, it occurred to me that maybe the malls should have reusable generic shopping bags available across all the stores. And then they could do what they do in CA and charge $.10 a bag when you make a purchase and if you DO return with it you get a rebate. (Isn’t that how it works there?)

OK, - I’m going to be the non-environmentally friendly voice here, but I really do not like the idea of the Disney Store not using plastic bags and then charging $.99 for a bag...talking about a money grab! Not only do they no longer have to pay for plastic bags but now they’ll make money off of them. $.99 is not going to break the bank for me, but I don’t want to go to the mall carrying reusable shopping bags not knowing if I’m going to even purchase anything. And if I do happen to go into the Disney Store and decide to purchase on impulse, I have to pay an additional amount of money for the “privilege” of conveniently carrying out the merchandise I just purchased from their store. No thanks. It *will* impact my decision to purchase or, more likely, not.

I was floored when I went to Target at DLR and found out I had to pay $.10 per bag. I’m a tourist, for Pete’s sake. Why would I bring reusable shopping bags with me?

At home, I use the reusable bags 95% of the time for grocery shopping and I recycle or reuse the plastic bags I do collect. And, on the occasion when I am shopping at the mall, I try to avoid getting multiple bags. If my purchases will fit in a bag I already have, then I’ll combine them. Maybe they could go back to using...dare I say it?...paper bags?

After typing the above mini-rant, it occurred to me that maybe the malls should have reusable generic shopping bags available across all the stores. And then they could do what they do in CA and charge $.10 a bag when you make a purchase and if you DO return with it you get a rebate. (Isn’t that how it works there?)
I’m all for them giving you reusable bags for your vacation, but am definitely not about them charging extra for them. It’s a really bad look as you pointed out.

I guess I want my cake and to eat it too, but I’m mostly about not using plastic anymore (and styrofoam while we’re at it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!