News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thanks for the pictures. Second, are these from while riding Big Thunder? Interesting how much of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge one will be able to see .....
38559360935_270e8d6ab1_b.jpg

27660430889_dd0d20633b_b.jpg

..... Including from Toon Town apparently

Hmmm...I am curious to see what a regular night at the Edison is like...if it turns into a standard dance club at 10 PM, I am not much interested. The early stuff sounds like fun. Not sure we'll be able to find the time to go over in February, but maybe.
Same here but in january-- I'm afraid I will just miss the AC more by being in the space.....

Hmmm...I am curious to see what a regular night at the Edison is like...if it turns into a standard dance club at 10 PM, I am not much interested. The early stuff sounds like fun. Not sure we'll be able to find the time to go over in February, but maybe.

I wish it'd be become more loungey than cluby, but a late night venue definitely appeals to me. Atlantic Dance Hall was too loud and annoying - I'm hoping this will be more adult and less...Atlantic Dance Hall.

I wish it'd be become more loungey than cluby, but a late night venue definitely appeals to me. Atlantic Dance Hall was too loud and annoying - I'm hoping this will be more adult and less...Atlantic Dance Hall.
I’ve heard that Atlantic dance kinda sucks but that jelly rolls is really cool. But it’s all hearsay on my end

They're both loud and packed with far too many dude bros IMHO. Why are men there wearing visors at night? It's a weird scene. I'm hopeful for the Edison and if not that, then I'm hopeful for the new winebar.
Dude bros :rotfl2::rotfl2:.

I’ve always been moderately intrigued by jellyrolls (I’ve also just been legal for a couple of years so haven’t had a ton of opportunities to try it) but the boardwalk is also obnoxiously out of the way if you’re not staying in that area (though I know you’re a S&D groupie so I can see the appeal)

(though I know you’re a S&D groupie so I can see the appeal)

I keep trying to get one of the icons to match me back on Tinder every time I'm down there, but so far, no luck. They'd probably just ghost anyway, they seem pretty stuck up.

Jellyrolls isn't worth the effort, the lounge at Bluezoo is.

I was lucky enough to attend the very last performance of La Nouba. It was show number 8,999. They handed out a special "au revior" pin. There was a massive balloon drop that Q-man mentioned on the 2017 news thread.

The theatre was packed with Cirque du Soleil fans as wells as family/friends of the cast and crew. The crowd was amazing. Pretty much every act got a standing ovation right in the middle of the show. I'd never seen anything remotely like that in the 40-50 times I'd seen La Nouba.

I was in the front row, so I was often just a few feet from the performers. You could see the emotion on some of their faces. I saw several cast members break character and just stop for a few moments to take everything in. Obviously, the cast was going all out to make it a perfect show. The choreography was shaper than I've seen in years. (I'm a former dancer/choreographer, so I notice stuff like that.)

I used to work at Disney World and told myself I'd never return to Orlando during New Years because I hate crowds. I'm glad I made an exception to that rule. This trip was worth the hassle and money. Seeing the last performance of La Nouba now ranks as one of my top three favorite theatrical experiences. (The other two are seeing Julie Andrews in Victor/Victoria and Alice Ripley in Next to Normal.)

Although I'm sad to see La Nouba end, I'm very excited to see what Cirque du Soleil will create in partnership with Disney.

Happy new year to you all!! Finally made my way over to the new thread :D:D

Our new year's eve was spent relaxing at home except for the unfortunate incident my mom had. Right after 10pm her power went out (and the windchill and the actual temp were in the negatives). She left for our house just after 11:30 (after opening up the faucets to slow drip to help the pipes to not burst) and arrived at our house just before midnight. Luckily her power was only out for just over 3 hours.

Then I woke up to this at just after 9:15am (Central time)...we're supposed to get a warm up this week (and by that I mean we'll be in the 20s lol):
upload_2018-1-1_19-35-56.png

Anyways back to normal WDW news. Glad to see Star Wars coming along quite nicely at DLR and excited to see how fellow DISers end up liking the Edison once it opens.

Our new year's eve was spent relaxing at home except for the unfortunate incident my mom had. Right after 10pm her power went out (and the windchill and the actual temp were in the negatives). She left for our house just after 11:30 (after opening up the faucets to slow drip to help the pipes to not burst) and arrived at our house just before midnight. Luckily her power was only out for just over 3 hours.

Then I woke up to this at just after 9:15am (Central time)...we're supposed to get a warm up this week (and by that I mean we'll be in the 20s lol):
View attachment 291658

Anyways back to normal WDW news. Glad to see Star Wars coming along quite nicely at DLR and excited to see how fellow DISers end up liking the Edison once it opens.

Glad your mom's power wasn't put for too long - definitely scary given those temperatures

We aren't quite as cold as you (currently 13, feels like 6) but they are calling for a cold front to come in later this week. We are thinking "colder? Really?"

Glad your mom's power wasn't put for too long - definitely scary given those temperatures

We aren't quite as cold as you (currently 13, feels like 6) but they are calling for a cold front to come in later this week. We are thinking "colder? Really?"
Thank you! Hopefully your cold front isn't too too bad.

It's not too often our area stays under negative but still brrr...

Our windows had a bit of condensation on them due to the difference in outside and inside temps so when that happens we adjust our humidity levels in the house but this morning was the first time the condensation had actually froze on the windows.

It's been a good day to peruse the DIS :laughing: ::yes::

Happy New Yrar everyone!!!

View attachment 291658

I’m glad I’m not there, but it is cold at WDW. I’m trying not to complain since it is warmer than “home” lol.

Well at least HEA is pretty dead for once,

View attachment 291673
I was standing very close to you...

I’m sure the colder weather scared a lot of people away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter