News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only movies on this list I'm excited about are Incredibles 2, Christopher Robin, Wreck It Ralph 2, and Mary Poppins Returns. I'm still not sold on Solo, but I'll probably see that as well.
I’m probably going to see everything. I’m very interested in Wrinkle in Time and Black Panther right off the bat. This will be a big year for Marvel.

I’m probably going to see everything. I’m very interested in Wrinkle in Time and Black Panther right off the bat. This will be a big year for Marvel.
I'm interested in Wrinkle in Time. I'm just very confused by it. I never read the book, and the trailer just looks strange to me.

I'm not a superhero type of movie person. The exception is the Incredibles.

I'm interested in Wrinkle in Time. I'm just very confused by it. I never read the book, and the trailer just looks strange to me.

I'm not a superhero type of movie person. The exception is the Incredibles.
I hated the book but loved the old movie. Super excited about the movie, though.

Its been a while since I have read anything other than a text book so I think I want to give this one a try.
Ha I remember those days. I’ve been stuck in Disney Wars since summer just reading and rereading. Lots to process.

Well in fairness they still did not have the quick service menus available to hand out... but instead of a cast member trying to tell us it was a secret menu (which is either kinda cute or totally obnoxious depending on your perspective) the hostess told us that they'd inadvertently been sent Captain Cooks menus, but that either we could check out the menu posted by the quick service or we could look on the app. The bison burger was one of the best burgers I've had on property. Perfectly cooked and great flavors. The waffle fries are also soooo good.

The hosts and hostesses were happy to seat you where you'd like (within reason, I should think). From what I heard from a bartender, they were having problems with small parties taking up those big seating areas that can fit like 10 people, and I totally get the criticism of "it's a lounge, let us sit where we want to" but I also get that it's a popular place and it makes sense to organize the seating. If you're into adult beverages, I did agree with the wdwnt article that the bourbon strawberry cocktail was delicious!

I was/am looking forward to the bison burger, and as I DO enjoy an adult beverage, I will have to try that cocktail! Thanks for the recommendations! :thumbsup2

Seriously, read the book. It is fantastic and because of the pace of the movie, things may not be explained with clarity in the film. You may miss subtle nuances if you don't read it first.

My mom has been teaching for over 40 years, it's one her favorites to teach and I think her love it gets the kids into it. I can't wait!

Trying not to be cynical, but can’t help but think a factor in the “cashless” only payment test is yet more increased guest spending. Think it’s widely accepted that people tend to buy more when they aren’t physically parting with their bills and coins.

I’m Canadian and we tend to split between cash and credit whenever we travel. We use our MBs at WDW for some things and cash for others. I like having the option of being able to use cash when/where I want ... I would not want to deal with putting cash down on an account at the front desk etc.

We use our Magic Bands for dining and FP but always use our Disney Chase card to get the rewards and discounts. We always carry cash just incase we need it and our girls always want a balloon or a light up toy during the parade and they only take cash for those.

Another international visitor here. We used cards to pay for everything in the parks. I took out 200 dollars for a 2 week trip last August and that was enough (we stayed off site)

Cash handling is very expensive so it’s a win for Disney that way, but this should help customers track their spending too.

For the most part when I travel now to Walt Disney World or to Disneyland, I use a Disney Gift Card that I add $ to in between trips. This helps in preventing a huge credit card bill at the end of a trip. As far as taking cash, I don't like not having cash on me. I am actually more frugal when I have cash on hand. I also like to tip at restaurants with cash. I have had some friends have their bills altered when they added the tip to the bill and credit card. While this may not be a frequent occurrence, it is more difficult to change the tip value when there is a line through that area of the receipt that you sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter