News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

Magical express back to picking you up 3 hours before your flight.

About time.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-hours-prior-to-flight-time-beginning-jan-11/

Was there much chatter about if the 4 hours wound up being needed? I know there were a few reports of some long lines at security and the report of them going through candy or whatever but never saw if 4 hours was really needed or not

I am one that would rather get there 4 hours too early than 5 minutes too late so didn't really bother me, but I do get that 4 hours is a good chunk of the day

We had a 9pm flight on a Sunday and 4 hours was just ridiculous. We were at the airport 3 hours early, security took about 10 minutes total (they didn't check food at all). Security there can be a mess, so maybe at busier times of day it could've been necessary, but it was definitely not for us.

We had a 9pm flight on a Sunday and 4 hours was just ridiculous. We were at the airport 3 hours early, security took about 10 minutes total (they didn't check food at all). Security there can be a mess, so maybe at busier times of day it could've been necessary, but it was definitely not for us.

Seems like one of those things where a lot of the time even 3 hours is more than enough but for those few times when 4 hours might be needed they changed it for everyone rather than having varying times based on when the travel was. Not sure how hard that would be for them to manage but might make more sense for them to have like low, regular, peak times and vary the pick up times based on that

Wanted to add my gratitude to the moderators, especially rteetz, for keeping this board alive and lively. The time dedicated to the maintenance and upkeep can only be imagined, and the commitment is greatly appreciated. Thanks as well to the frequent posters, who report their experiences so freely. I enjoy the efforts of so many, while giving so little in return. I am humbled.

Happy 2018 to all!

Not sure how hard that would be for them to manage but might make more sense for them to have like low, regular, peak times and vary the pick up times based on that

Yeah, not sure how difficult/easy it would be. But there should be something for those of us that use TSA pre-check. Even the three hour window can be quite excessive. I flew in/out of MCO two times last fall. Both times I had a rental car. I had no real issues getting through TSA, with pre-check, at the 2 hour mark. When you have TSA pre-check, it is printed on your boarding pass. So maybe the MDE can tie into this to at least verify someone travelling has the TSA pre-check and then provide more options instead of a set time of 4 hours or now back to 3.

I suspect MCO security after the last incident probably re-organized some things to better accomplish what was needed, or at least partially.
What I'm wondering is whether disney was trying to accommodate their own staffing issues with that change for the holidays.

Yeah, not sure how difficult/easy it would be. But there should be something for those of us that use TSA pre-check. Even the three hour window can be quite excessive. I flew in/out of MCO two times last fall. Both times I had a rental car. I had no real issues getting through TSA, with pre-check, at the 2 hour mark. When you have TSA pre-check, it is printed on your boarding pass. So maybe the MDE can tie into this to at least verify someone travelling has the TSA pre-check and then provide more options instead of a set time of 4 hours or now back to 3.

AGREED! Doubt they will do two levels of MDE, but it at least they backed down from 4 hours.

@TheMaxRebo also agreed. During Holiday season, a little more time might be needed.

At a minimum, Disney is watching and listening to make things right. I appreciate that.

Yeah I have pre-check and really don't want to be there for 4 hours.

Dress code is supposed to be a permanent thing but not sure how well it will be enforced.

Well crap....I was planning on wearing my "jacket" on the plane but maybe now I'll fly with my sportcoat and pack my jacket

Watch, I'll do that and they won't even have a "soft opening" Friday night.

I mean I plan on wearing a nice pair of jeans and a button up shirt but I hate to bring a sportcoat for one place on one night. I didnt even plan on wearing one to Flying Fish later in the week

I have never taken a sportcoat to WDW and probably won't ever unless I get invited to a wedding or something. (Hard to golf in a sportcoat pirate:) That "permanent dress code" may have been a way to "limit" clientele, but my guess is they may find out they don't need to "limit" them at all. Edison is a big place. Big places don't look good unless there are a lot of clientele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts