News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

YES! We are taking DD2 for a quick trip in September for MNSSHP and we know it is going to be HOT, so a costume will be out ... but these are great ... dress up but not DRESS up ... and both our DD's love the dresses they saw at DTD at Disneyland ... Can I order these online? I'd love to have them before the trip.

New activity at the Kidcot stations starting July 15th:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...p-experience-coming-to-epcots-world-showcase/

I had seen before that the Duffy on a stick was going away but looks like new activity isn’t just a different thing to color but now a suitcase shaped ziploc baggie that kids will use to collect traveler cards and stickers from the different locations

This sounds great! Can't wait to see what DD2 thinks of this. She wasn't interested in the Duffy thing last time.

YES! We are taking DD2 for a quick trip in September for MNSSHP and we know it is going to be HOT, so a costume will be out ... but these are great ... dress up but not DRESS up ... and both our DD's love the dresses they saw at DTD at Disneyland ... Can I order these online? I'd love to have them before the trip.

This sounds great! Can't wait to see what DD2 thinks of this. She wasn't interested in the Duffy thing last time.
Yes you can normally buy the dress shop dresses online from shop Disney

Any idea what the Toy Story land trucks are about? There were 3 in a row and have video running on the sides, DD saw them in Kissimmee. I guess it could simply be advertising TSL.

Maybe to boost attendance.

20180715_182351.jpg

Here’s a quick ~1 min video of the trucks from vloggers Paging Mr Morrow who happened to catch several fueling up at a gas station. The trucks look amazing - video on 3 sides and sound effects!

I have to admit, things like this drive me crazy. Any environmental bona-fides Disney claims go out the window when you pay people to drive trucks, with generators hammering away in the back, around in circles for the sole purpose of advertising. I hated seeing it when I lived in NYC and regardless of how cute this looks, it's an obnoxious and wasteful form of advertising.

But yeah... no more plastic bags! Huzzah!

I have to admit, things like this drive me crazy. Any environmental bona-fides Disney claims go out the window when you pay people to drive trucks, with generators hammering away in the back, around in circles for the sole purpose of advertising. I hated seeing it when I lived in NYC and regardless of how cute this looks, it's an obnoxious and wasteful form of advertising.

But yeah... no more plastic bags! Huzzah!

I didn’t think about potential environmental impacts. :blush:

I don't think that one ever made it past the rumor stage.

The thing that's frustrating about this to me not just that a Haunted Mansion themed restaurant seems like it would be a lot of fun, but that Magic Kingdom could really use another table service restaurant. There are already so many options at Epcot that I haven't begun to try all of the ones that are already there not to mention the many times of the year when Epcot has food kiosks set up for special events. Sometimes these decisions just don't seem to make a lot of sense.

The thing that's frustrating about this to me not just that a Haunted Mansion themed restaurant seems like it would be a lot of fun, but that Magic Kingdom could really use another table service restaurant. There are already so many options at Epcot that I haven't begun to try all of the ones that are already there not to mention the many times of the year when Epcot has food kiosks set up for special events. Sometimes these decisions just don't seem to make a lot of sense.

I don't think they need one. They have:

Be Our Guest
Skipper Canteen
The Plaza
Tony's Town Square
Crystal Palace

and I think I'm missing one?

Epcot has more options because The World Showcase is obviously going to showcase food of the countries. And it's not an attraction heavy park, their food is part of Epcot's "attractions".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter