News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting - I did feel like from some of the aerials that it was being located really close to Test Track - that you potentially could really see the construction and then the restaurant itself from Test Track, but I didn't think about the impact the other way of the noise and vibrations

Maybe they could play into it and have it be like meteors are coming by?

Yeah I am not sure I believe this rumor. There are other buildings next to Test Track. Maybe its the fact that Disney isn't in charge of this one?

Possible - or just maybe they didn't think it would be *this* bad and not just noise by vibrations coming to the building site as well.

I am sure it is something they can figure out but could be combination of it not being Disney and thus not taking into abnormal conditions

Maybe they could play into it and have it be like meteors are coming by?

The event timing will be too consistent. If the cars were infrequent and more randomly spaced, that would work, but not as it is.

They're just going to need to drop a lot of money on high quality sound proofing. I worry though that construction is already under way; good sound proofing is in design, not something you'd generally want to retrofit.

per @rteetz, I'm going to go with this is rumor-mill speculation.

Honestly if they time the sound effects in the space station restaurant to match test track going by. Like a transport ship undocking from the space station, the vibrations of test track might add to the ambiance.

Universal can build new but it has to be approved by Marvel/Disney.

Presumably including a fee?

Maybe, maybe not? All the terms aren’t exactly clear for the public but I’m sure universal has looked into it.

Disney has to act in good faith. They can't say "No" to something just for the sake of saying "No". So money could be involved but they couldn't come up with some insane amount just to squash it.

Yeah I am not sure I believe this rumor. There are other buildings next to Test Track. Maybe its the fact that Disney isn't in charge of this one?

I would not think sound would be an issue at all, but it IS possible that vibration could be an issue.

That said, do you ever feel the Test Track building shaking internally when you are inside? I don't think so. If the building that the ride is in isn't affected by it, why would the building next door? Gotta agree with @rteetz here - doesn't seem likely to be a real problem.

Edit: I don't think trying to time something to Test Track is a really great idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter