News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, we just bought our first annual passes last night. We are going in October for 4 days. Planned to hit Epcot for 3 of the 4 park days. Staying at the Swan, so I think we can squeeze in one more. So this is done by scanning your band at the gate? Or must you check in at the booth each of the 4 days?

I believe you get "credit" by scanning your MB to enter the park and that logs you in the system, but you have to go to the festival center to pick up the board on your 4th visit (and the magnet on your first)

Nice, we just bought our first annual passes last night. We are going in October for 4 days. Planned to hit Epcot for 3 of the 4 park days. Staying at the Swan, so I think we can squeeze in one more. So this is done by scanning your band at the gate? Or must you check in at the booth each of the 4 days?

In the past you only had to enter the park. We always stay around the Boardwalk so we just walk into Epcot through the International Gateway then exit immediately and continue on with our day.
On the first day you can go get the magnet and make sure, but I don't think they'd give you a hard time. The system will show all days you entered the park when they scan you.

I went in this past summer to ask if there was any thought on releasing these prints as "hawaiian-esque"/camp shirts for guys. The woman looked at me like I had 3 heads.
The closest thing they released for guys can be bought at the Poly and its the Trader Sams shirt with all the drinks on it.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/photos-ne...-hawaiian-shirt-at-disneys-polynesian-resort/

They have a few other Polynesian ones as well. https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/photos-ev...se-to-say-aloha-to-with-a-new-70s-style-logo/ You can see a couple other styles on the rack in the Polynesian Resort Camp Shirt picture.

Does this "ALL" include Dolphin and Swan I wonder. Going with friends in Nov who are staying at Dolphin, so won't have the ability for MB door entry, wonder if this will work for them?
No because those resorts are not Disney owned. Those are operated by Starwood/Marriott.

The patents that have been filed recently really makes me think Disneys next frontier is the hotel room. With the immersive story patent they filed a few months back, with the projections on the walls and taking cues from people in the room and now with the sound proofing. It seems like Disney in the future will want you to be able to be completely immersed in your room living your own "Disney Story" without the person in the next room hearing you. It would be perfect for the Star Wars hotel.

Yeah - can't picture when pulling out my phone would be more handy than using my MB, but I would say if you lost your MB it would be a good back-up option.

As someone who has left my MB on the nightstand as I stepped out of my Carribean Beach room to snap a pic just as my wife got into the shower, I can say I would have been thrilled to get back into my room without waiting for her to turn off the water so she could hear her phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!