News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Tealeaves. Years ago when we did the GF tea, they used Tealeaves. I bought some to take home. I'm kind of snobby about tea too. I drink hot tea every morning, even when on vacation. I always bring my own. I usually bring chai to cover up the coffee taste from the hotel room makers. I have an electric kettle, but that's souvenir space.

Hello fellow tea snobs!

<---- See username. Who knew there were so many of us on this board? I usually have about 3-5 cups a day at work, and being from the southern United States, I'll usually have iced tea in the evenings.

Seems like a cool experience, but I'm not sure how much I trust others to make my tea. :D Still, I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl one of these days.

I could go on about tea, but rteetz would probably have something to say about that. :ssst:

More or less they told us the same in China. The tea in tea bags are the lowest quality possible.

Well, yes and no.

It's tiny like that because it needs to be for the little bags. Smaller tea particles steep faster (convenience) and also need less space (smaller bags). Tea bags were so popular when they first came out, they just stuck. Unfortunately, because they are so small, they also go stale faster. Being smaller particles, they also get bitter over shorter steeping times than larger leaf tea. So there are quite a few drawbacks, but the convenience (already portioned, faster, easier cleanup, etc.) make them very popular.

The quality of the initial tea can vary by distributor, but making it basically powder gives any tea the drawbacks listed above. But even bagged tea can have larger sized-particles like CTC or even "whole" leaf.

In general, loose leaf will be better quality, but less convenient.

I know that's more than anyone cared to know. Now back to the news (and rumors). Apologies, again, to rteetz. :)

We are hoping that they show up because we had some really good ones today. We were the first people on Everest and rode it 6 times in a row.

I would be SO sick if I did that! Once a trip is my limit. Did it twice in a row a couple of years ago and regretted it! :crazy2:

Per ED92 on twitter:

A decision of the CNDP (Public Debate) recently made public reveals the scale of the Walt Disney Studios Park expansion:

- Total size incl. backstage: 31 aces

- Lake surrounded by restaurants: 3 acres

- “Frozen Land”: 9,800m2 floor space

- “Star Wars Land”: 19,000m2 floor space

Per ED92 on twitter:

A decision of the CNDP (Public Debate) recently made public reveals the scale of the Walt Disney Studios Park expansion:

- Total size incl. backstage: 31 aces

- Lake surrounded by restaurants: 3 acres

- “Frozen Land”: 9,800m2 floor space

- “Star Wars Land”: 19,000m2 floor space
I’m interested in how that compares to SWGE.

I’m interested in how that compares to SWGE.

DnEx2fFW4AMiQZB

Someone on twitter posted this image comparing the size layouts. This is 19000m2 in Disneyland. Significantly smaller, doesn’t include the show buildings.

Yup, those kind of stuff are under my small attraction/walk-through portion on my spreadsheet lol

It took a while but for someone like me who hadn't been in a while I went through everything listed on WDW's website for my interests for this past trip. There's a lot to go over and I think it's easier to overlook stuff if you just looked at the map as opposed to the website at least and/or you're just in more of a go go go mood.
Despite the fact we go yearly, we always forget how much stuff there is to do there and find ourselves pressed for time when we’re there. While we’ve gotten really good at taking in all animal kingdom has to offer in recent years, we always find it tough to fit all our Epcot stuff into a day and a half or so

I wonder if part of it is the planning nature of a WDW vacation nowadays and many of the great things in EPCOT, especially WS, don't really fit into uber planning. We love just coming across one of the acts in one of the countries or having chats with some of the CMs that are from the respective countries, or just wandering around the pavilions and taking in the details

Like, there are a lot more things in Magic Kingdom to put into a spreadsheet - but doesn't mean there aren't tons of the things in EPCOT that can take time to enjoy
Yeah when I do my fast passes there I never fill up a full three selections with the current offerings. That kinda lulls me into the idea that there’s “nothing to do there” when I know full well that isn’t true

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter