News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...s-headphones-mickeys-90th-anniversary-edition

MU8X2

Not sure about these. Not least of which because Beats are pretty awful.

A couple of days ago I got a touring plan alert that MK closing hrs were pushed to 11pm for my early December trip. And considering how booked up the hotels have been even 6 months ago when I added 2 days to the front end of my trip actually has me rather nervous for crowds in the beginning of December....
I have the same concern as I go at the beginning of december

I hate to be cynical but I wonder how many of those are flippers who will go straight home and put them up on EBay.

Plus Disneyland is letting people get 2 per person. Disney World is limited to 1 per person per day.

(Someone else mentioned something about this that I didn't notice. But still. I don't agree with how they handle that.)

So I forgot to mention after my recent trip...

World of Disney store at Disney springs sucks after the renovation.

It really does make me think Disney is changing it's Target audience from families to adults.

What kid is like...ooh Mommy look at the exposed brick I want to make a purchase here!

When I was little I wanted to go into the Disney store at the mall because it had all the characters and the interesting, colorful displays.

They basically took all the Disney fun out of that place.

It really does make me think Disney is changing it's Target audience from families to adults.

What kid is like...ooh Mommy look at the exposed brick I want to make a purchase here!

When I was little I wanted to go into the Disney store at the mall because it had all the characters and the interesting, colorful displays.

Luckily my Disney store is still that way.

:sad2: Even less reason for me to go to DS... That was the only attraction for me there, but since you can mostly get any of the merch in any other store in parks or resorts, there is no reason, for me anyway, to waste the time in transportation there and back. Too bad.

Luckily my Disney store is still that way.

I know the one in Austin, Texas still has the old style display too.

:sad2: Even less reason for me to go to DS... That was the only attraction for me there, but since you can mostly get any of the merch in any other store in parks or resorts, there is no reason, for me anyway, to waste the time in transportation there and back. Too bad.

I actually did like one of the new Disney centric stores, I think Disney style? It had some original, neat, park centric shirts.

I would have got an orange bird shirt but it was pink. Dunno whose decision it was to make an orange bird shirt pink but I suppose they're the professional.

Maybe it's me, but I doubt any kid is looking at the décor. Their primary interest is going to be the merchandise.

I did when I was little. Maybe I was an odd kid. I was always drawn to the entryway that had the pirates in jail.

To your point:

In St. Louis, we have access to more than one Disney Store. One is the new style, one is still the old style.

My 9yo daughter had a Disney gift card and we tried out the new-styled one, for the first time. She literally did not want to buy anything because she didn't like the way the store looked. She wanted to go the other one for the decorations she was used to. The next day we went to the old-styled one and she spent her gift card on the same products that she could have bought at the first store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter