News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely don't do anything close to the level your family does

We don't start thinking about Christmas until the weekend after Thanksgiving - try to get the lights up then.

And we don't get our tree until at least mid December since we get a live one and want it to last until 3 Kings Day
We are close to your schedule although we do put up a lot of decorations both inside and out. The real tree is a must. Not sure of three kings day but we try to make it last through New Years.

Wow weeks!

I think I need to come to your house to see what kind of decor several weeks of work gets you! lol :D

For Christmas it typically it takes around 2-3 days to get ours out. 1-2 days for inside and 1-2 days outside (sometimes working on both in the same day). If the weather is nice we can get the outside done in 1 day (we put up our own lights as opposed to getting it done professionally).

Usually the tree takes a bit of time. My husband is involved in the outside decor (mostly I'm there holding the ladder and feeding him lights) and the tree but the rest is all me lol

The HOA allows Christmas lights starting Nov 15th and we typically get it up fast. As we're doing it ourselves we do it on weekends where we get the most sunlight but we're also dealing with the weather so there are times we get the lights up a few days early we just don't turn them on until Nov 15th.
I think rteetz acquired the Osborne Lights and he just isn’t telling us. Hopefully the transaction was legal.:rolleyes1

But will they keep the shoe tree?
Lets bronze the tree in secret so Disney cant remove it easily. We dont want the history of shoe tree to be ruined. LOL

Honestly As long as the shoe tree isnt directly where they are working, I doubt Disney will seek it out and remove it. After all what else would private lake cruises talk about?

New Sweet Treats coming to WDW in November ...

a.k.a. How to set up your kids for an eventual sugar crash

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...coming-to-walt-disney-world-in-november-2018/

nbvgcfsrw123.jpg
nbbvhcgtdrq12.jpg

I will be there when these debut. I am not sure I want to over do it though...

We tried the Peter Pan float when we were there is August and really liked it - so if they still have that I suggest it

Not sure about any of these new ones - maybe one of the slushes, but definitely to share, no way I would need/want/could handle a full one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter