News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enough with the snark - you already got your shot in a couple pages ago.

You would think some of you spent your own paychecks to build this stupid thing with the defense force it has.

I'm a proponent of looking at facts, and because of that, I end up defending the gondola quite a bit. I may not trust Disney to always make the wisest decisions when it comes to guest relations, but I have quite a bit of trust in Doppelmayr. They know how to build gondolas and cable cars. It's their thing. And they do it all over the world, including in climates similar to or worse than Orlando's. They also want this thing to succeed because they want more big contracts like this, especially in North America. They want to prove these work as a mass transit system beyond ski resorts. So when I see people attack the project for not having AC, and dismiss it for reasons that aren't based in fact, well it annoys me because of facts. So I defend it.
Personally, I've walked across the scorching pavement of Epcot from the back of WS to the farthest resort bus pick up, then stood and waited for a bloody bus for 20 minutes, then stood on said bus back to the resort with a bus full of my new closest, sweaty friends. I'm betting that the Skyliner is a significant improvement over that. I'm also betting I can take it from the IG to HS and catch a bus back to my resort at HS, if I'm on that side of WS, possibly quicker and with less walking then walking to the busses at the front of Epcot. Once again, I consider that an improvement. So all and all, I'm looking forward to using these.

Edit: More information on the Skyliner can be found at the link below, including the regular discussion of no AC.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-system-read-post-1-updated-10-12-18.3578988/

Last edited:
Enough with the snark - you already got your shot in a couple pages ago.

You would think some of you spent your own paychecks to build this stupid thing with the defense force it has.

Wow, maybe I am a crazy old pirate, but I sure didn't see it as snark. People make jokes. That's how I took it. So it is a joke that is somewhat old to those of us that have been on here all this time, but some aren't on here as much. It is what it is.

And, now I happen to think that you spent your own paycheck to build this the way you defend it. pirate: Arghh.

I can't wait to see the Mary Poppins Returns. I be going by myself as the rest of my family could careless about Mary Poppins. My husband hasn't even watched the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter