News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

definitely fits with the theme of Immersion and "stepping into the stories of Hollywood" vs "behind the scenes of Hollywood"

though not sure if this is proper grammar: "Step with us now into this amazing world and bring your own exciting story from ..." - so we step into those places now, and then bring our own stories from those areas we are just now stepping into? :confused3

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to your Hollywood Adventure. Where we invite you to dream, wonder, and imagine. Step with us now into this amazing world and bring your own exciting story from a galaxy far, far away to infinity and beyond – where dreams come true. Welcome to Disney’s Hollywood Studios."

"I walked in with high hopes and left wanting more, and I mean this in the best possible way. It’s all Mickey, but it’s not exhausting. If you, like me, were disappointed by the lackluster Mickey’s 90th Spectacular, then you will be greatly satisfied with a visit to Mickey: The True Original Exhibition. It’s absolutely worth the $38 ticket price to see this tribute to a character who speaks to the whole world. And of course the nostalgic feelings are priceless."

Very glad to see the positive review as we are thinking of/planning on going to see this at some point

Last edited:

"I walked in with high hopes and left wanting more, and I mean this in the best possible way. It’s all Mickey, but it’s not exhausting. If you, like me, were disappointed by the lackluster Mickey’s 90th Spectacular, then you will be greatly satisfied with a visit to Mickey: The True Original Exhibition. It’s absolutely worth the $38 ticket price to see this tribute to a character who speaks to the whole world. And of course the nostalgic feelings are priceless."

Very glad to see the positive review as we are thinking of/planning on going to see this at some point
I think you quoted the wrong news story ;)

That Toy Story tree is sad in comparison to the others. The Haunted Mansion one is pretty cool.
I liked the Haunted Mansion tree too, but a lot of the others really don't impress me. Disney is known for their amazing decorating skills and I feel like they could've done a lot better. I'm known to be a tad bit particular about my tree and the decorations just don't feel like they're placed right. I was debating whether or not it was worth going out of my way to see in December, but I think I can safely say if I don't manage to find the time it's not a big deal.

That Toy Story tree is sad in comparison to the others. The Haunted Mansion one is pretty cool.

I don't even understand how that is a "Toy Story" tree. They could have done soooo much better. Stretch slink dogs as garland, have Mr. Spell typing out holiday greetings, Stack green army men up one side until they reach the top, where the binoculars should be perched, looking for santa.They could use the main character toys as ormaments. Where are all the characters??

I don't even understand how that is a "Toy Story" tree. They could have done soooo much better. Stretch slink dogs as garland, have Mr. Spell typing out holiday greetings, Stack green army men up one side until they reach the top, where the binoculars should be perched, looking for santa.They could use the main character toys as ormaments. Where are all the characters??

I agree - guess they were going for some consistency with having key characters in those lanterns, but I can't even tell who is in the middle one - looks like a tea cup from the tea cup ride :confused3

Add some barrel of monkeys as garland or something ... at least the Fantasia one looks like they are trying to represent the soap bubbles or something unique

Since I live super close to Manhattan, I'm definitely gonna go to this exhibit. It sounds really cool and definitely seems worth it if you live or happen to be in the NYC area.

Since I live super close to Manhattan, I'm definitely gonna go to this exhibit. It sounds really cool and definitely seems worth it if you live or happen to be in the NYC area.

yeah, I live a bit north of Manhattan and we usually go into the City one day during the holiday season to see the tree and stuff anyway, so likely will combine them

Though based on schedules we might not get in until after Christmas this year (looking at the Thurs/Friday after Christmas)

I agree - guess they were going for some consistency with having key characters in those lanterns, but I can't even tell who is in the middle one - looks like a tea cup from the tea cup ride :confused3

Add some barrel of monkeys as garland or something ... at least the Fantasia one looks like they are trying to represent the soap bubbles or something unique
I think the trees need to be taller if they want to use those lanterns. They just look out of proportion. As is the trees would look much better without them esp when the character is only 1/4 the width of these lanterns!

Boy you see all kinds of "parents" there... I'm just glad someone took the initiative and reported her.

Reading the article, she not only was dragging the one child to the point of falling down and bumping their head (which to be fair, can happen, to some degree, in a normal situation) but when the police stopped to question her, she swung her stroller aggressively to the point that another child fell out of the stroller. If the one child had just been having a meltdown (which happens), all she had to do was explain that, and it probably would have been not that big of deal (maybe... although people calling the police, the dragging of the child might have been more than just dealing with a meltdown).

Reading the article, she not only was dragging the one child to the point of falling down and bumping their head (which to be fair, can happen, to some degree, in a normal situation) but when the police stopped to question her, she swung her stroller aggressively to the point that another child fell out of the stroller. If the one child had just been having a meltdown (which happens), all she had to do was explain that, and it probably would have been not that big of deal (maybe... although people calling the police, the dragging of the child might have been more than just dealing with a meltdown).
I think this goes beyond looking at a child meltdown even if the only thing that happen was the child being dragged by a harness (wonder what kind of harness it was).

Even if you do have a child meltdown I think most people can tell the difference between that and trying to deal with it and aggression shown towards the child.

I'm going to say this is likely people saw the woman being aggressive and it made them look at the situation differently thus calling authorities. Good call too because clearly she's got issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter