News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if people REALLY want to be in the same "car" so they can compare scores? I don't see why it would ever go empty though.

This just seems like an odd type of line. My family of four could use this line if we didn't care to be in the same car. One adult and one child .. and one adult one child.

Just feels like this line would be abused by people who know how it works, break up their party into small groups and basically use it like a single rider line.

Couldn't EVERY ride have a "small group" line?

A lot of rides at Disney just need to do a better job at letting you know ahead of time what sort of vehicle you are going in so your group can plan accordingly. Test track has a "sample" car outside, some of the rides show you (on video) the type of vehicle you go in.
I am sure lines are always backed up when they realize they can only fit X people per car and they spend time figuring out which adult goes with which child etc. though the cast members are pretty good at keeping that moving.
Choosing to go in a line for smaller groups of people does not guarantee that that group will ride sooner. I have been in line at RnRC more than once where our group of 4 was on the ride much sooner than those who chose to get in the single rider line. It really will depend on where they 'split' the line into larger and smaller groups. If it's right at the beginning like single riders then I'm guessing yes, the small groups would probably ride sooner. If it's closer to the load area it really would be a 50/50 based on the size of groups in the main line.

This is an interesting concept.

Have they done something like this before at either coasts?

My husband and I were at Disneyland in October, and they had a Buddy line for the Monsters Inc. ride. A CM called to us as we were walking into the line and asked if it was only the two of us. When we said yes, she gave us a lanyard with the pass and directed us up through the exit. We thought it was odd, but since we had never been to Disneyland before, we just assumed it was normal there. :confused3

My husband and I were at Disneyland in October, and they had a Buddy line for the Monsters Inc. ride. A CM called to us as we were walking into the line and asked if it was only the two of us. When we said yes, she gave us a lanyard with the pass and directed us up through the exit. We thought it was odd, but since we had never been to Disneyland before, we just assumed it was normal there. :confused3

It's California, even the abnormal is normal there! pirate:

Thanks for the heads up. There should be at least one trip in 2019 with just my husband and I.

Did it feel like you were able to get through the line faster that way?

Ok - that makes me feel much better. I was afraid that it was so bad that people basically weren’t even bothering to watch it anymore.
I'm guessing you're aware of this but, the pictures that were taken last night of only a couple of people in the stands were taken during the After Hours event. I'm guessing most people paying a premium to be in the park after hours are there for the rides rather than for a show that will eat up a good chunk of time.

Passholders can save 20% on Banshees during a one hour exclusive shopping event, from 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM on 12/09/2018, only, at Windtraders at AK. This offer is not valid for plush or special editions, and some APs do not qualify for the promotion. Only Passholders with valid park admission qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter