News Round Up 2018

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Dec 31, 2017.

1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

2. rteetz

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

5. rteetz

6. rteetz

7. Tiki Birdland

Tiki Birdland Mouseketeer

Probably one of the saddest closures announced so far. A two year closure for the most iconic attraction at Disneyworld!:crazy2:

rteetz likes this.
  8. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

Ask Ralph to "wreck-it!"

9. Firebird060

Firebird060 Kilted in Disney

I hope they take the time while the Railroad is closed to do some maintenance on the scenes in frontier land around the track. I mean Disney could technically have kept the rail road open running from Main street to Frontierland and then back with only one train on the track, but they decided not to do it, so at least they can do is some nice maintenance while its down.

MissGina5 and sherlockmiles like this.
  10. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

Was the Avengers 4 trailer pushed out again? I haven't seen anything about it yet and Google is throwing out rumors for a Friday release now.

11. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

Geez - about flippin' time. These are only vaguely sports themed movies - and I have to say to most of these "It's about time!"

I've been thinking for awhile - when are we getting the Flubber movies, the Dexter Riley trilogy, and the Shaggy Dog/DA??

Well, looks like we finally are getting some of these. Both Flubber movies are silly but fun. The Strongest Man in the World is the third of the 3 Dexter Riley movies - these are the ones where Kurt Russel plays a college genius - the first was "Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" and the second "Now you see him, now you don't". I am not sure why they are not showing all 3 together, but whatever. (The one with the invisibility I remember being taken to as a very very young child and freaking out and my grandmother had to take me out of the theater.) Finally Gus is somehow burned into my brain from my youth - i would bet if we watch this I will remember it beat for beat.

Now can we get Shaggy Dog/Shaggy DA please?

12. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

rteetz likes this.
  13. rteetz

Possibly. The Bush funeral coverage has been the main media focus right now.

dolewhipdreams likes this.
  14. jknezek

jknezek DIS Veteran

This happened a few days ago. Netflix is definitely moving away from the Marvel stuff, even when it is assumed to be really popular like Daredevil. This was the last one left. It's clear they are cutting all Disney ties. Makes sense with Disney owning a lot of Hulu now and putting up their own service. I expect we'll see some version of Daredevil come back either on Hulu or Disney Streaming when the contracts allow for it. While Netflix doesn't release numbers, it was generally assumed to be one of their most successful shows.

15. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

Jessica Jones will have a season 3 as far as I know, but yeah, I expect that'll be axed too. I agree with you, not super surprising with Disney+ coming.

rteetz and jknezek like this.
  16. a4matte

a4matte Mouseketeer

17. jknezek

jknezek DIS Veteran

Sure. That started filming back in the summer. I expect it will be gone after Season 3. Daredevil is showing Season 3, but Netflix axed it before Season 4 got any further than pitch work.

18. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

It looks adorable. But if I had to choose this or SWGE, it’s SWGE in a heartbeat. And the cynical part of me kept thinking about how much those intricate audioanimatronic figures will break down... as lovely as they look...

19. artesian

artesian DIS Veteran

I cant stand the projected faces too. Love to see the old school coming back on this

SG131 and PolyRob like this.
  20. rteetz

21. rteetz