News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall sounds like a mess out west.

Still no idea how they know and ebay item is from a certain AP though. Hoped the article might cover that. Oh well.

It can be a challenge i am sure, I know they were using peoples Facebook accounts to verify. Some Facebook groups and some Facebook users who are AP holders, would advertise things on sale on those pages and then link people to there ebay account, if the person selling the item isnt the smartest and doesnt know really how easily you can be identified via social media and other things and links themselves to accounts to accept payments, then it isnt hard to find out and identify.

It seems like the ones who were caught and had there AP revoked are those who were actually treating it more like a small business. The cronic users and abusers of the system were the ones Disney could easily identify and revoke. Now this whole crackdown isnt going to stop all the resellers, because nothing stops anyone from buying something without a AP discount and reselling it, at a mark up, which wouldnt invalidate a AP since there is no rules that you cant resell, only you cant get the AP discount and resell. What it does is allows Disney to publicly put on notice anyone who does "abuse" the discount AP system and makes it easier for either Disney to later revoke the AP merch discount , or possibly Disney just limiting the number of LE items down to 1 per pass or something like that. Either one would have outrage from the Disney fans, but now Disney can do it and have it not seem like it was out of no where. Gives them a shadow of a leg to stand on, makes it more palatable to us masses.

NEWS

Disney announced attractions, exhibits, and more for the NBA experience

https://wdwnt.com/2018/12/disney-an...ore-for-the-nba-experience-at-disney-springs/

Obviously will depend on pricing but this could be fun ... I know if I were in middle school and could do a birthday party there or something enabling me to do that with a bunch of friends that would be cool

As a huge sports fan, I will definitely check this out but I do prefer MLB, NFL, NHL and college sports over the NBA.

yeah, we saw Aladdin on Broadway during the preview period and while I thought a few of the actors needed to grow into the roles a bit (which I understood they did over time) Ingelhart already owned the role - and as a live actor that is probably who I will compare Will Smith to more than just Robin Williams "voice" so will be interesting to see. I do think Will Smith will have to go in a bit of a different direction, he can't just try to do his version of what Ingelhart did
Well, James Monroe Iglehart won the Tony Award for Best Actor for a reason. :)

I did really like Adam Jacobs as Aladdin. The original Jasmine is who I am still questioning, but she was still good.

I'm sure if a SW trailer is released it'll be very minimal.

Close up shot of lightsaber.

Shot of the falcon flying.

Close up of Finn's face.

Cue thunderous applause.

Probably a glued Light Saber and glued Kylo helmet, and other things needing repair.

One thing I'm surprised with Disney about, particularly Disney Springs, is the lack of an indoor karting and amusement center. Indoor electric karts etc. They are popping up around the country. I know there is outdoor karting around Orlando. Someone mentioned the NBA experience for kids birthday parties. I'd think some sort of indoor karting/trampoline park done in disney fashion, could be quite popular in the Disney Springs area. Something like Top Golf as well. They might exist outside the bubble, but not inside currently. I feel like those might be more lucrative than an upscale clothing boutique.
I could see half a family wanting to shop, where the other would rather have an activity center even if it is additional money.

One thing I'm surprised with Disney about, particularly Disney Springs, is the lack of an indoor karting and amusement center. Indoor electric karts etc. They are popping up around the country. I know there is outdoor karting around Orlando. Someone mentioned the NBA experience for kids birthday parties. I'd think some sort of indoor karting/trampoline park done in disney fashion, could be quite popular in the Disney Springs area. Something like Top Golf as well. They might exist outside the bubble, but not inside currently. I feel like those might be more lucrative than an upscale clothing boutique.
I could see half a family wanting to shop, where the other would rather have an activity center even if it is additional money.
They tried that and that's what NBA is replacing. Mostly because Disney essentially abandoned it shortly after it opened but kept it running.

They tried that and that's what NBA is replacing. Mostly because Disney essentially abandoned it shortly after it opened but kept it running.

Disney quest was fun when it first came out, but they Stopped caring for it and keeping it up to date so it became dated quickly.

yeah, and then when Disney Quest Chicago failed I think it just soured them on the concept as a whole ... and they kept messing with the pricing structure, etc.

It's a good concept but one you have to keep updated to be worthwhile

yeah, and then when Disney Quest Chicago failed I think it just soured them on the concept as a whole ... and they kept messing with the pricing structure, etc.

It's a good concept but one you have to keep updated to be worthwhile
The Chicago one was a weird decision and then they closed it when it was still making money and stopped midway through building the Philadelphia one. Even just small updates would've kept it going, it only ever needed minor refurbishments every couple years to keep it as a cutting edge showcase, new animations, new vr/3d tech, some new sensors, etc. I miss the Genie elevator and bumper cars with cannons the most though. Should've been treated like the 5th gate.

Looks like Tropical Hideway at Disneyland is open - or at least for a media preview

View attachment 370665

I’m following #TheTropicalHideaway on twitter and wow this area looks impressive. There’s pineapple, orange and raspberry dole whips. You can get them as a regular soft serve, as floats or something called loaded whips which looks like it has fruit and pockeys in it. So many details like animal footprints in ground and many S.E.A references. Also, Rosita looks very impressive.

The Chicago one was a weird decision and then they closed it when it was still making money and stopped midway through building the Philadelphia one. Even just small updates would've kept it going, it only ever needed minor refurbishments every couple years to keep it as a cutting edge showcase, new animations, new vr/3d tech, some new sensors, etc. I miss the Genie elevator and bumper cars with cannons the most though. Should've been treated like the 5th gate.

Agreed - I think it was just something that Eisner thought would be huge (nationwide) and then when it wasn't he lost interest and moved onto other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter