News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh boy....I just decided I needed a Pandora charm bracelet. Cha-ching......
See, no need for a nuclear power plant after all.....

yup - and the name is officially Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

52598239_2052604181524537_5433960367694807040_o.jpg

Yep. Martin has mentioned it wasn’t long for this Earth.
I cannot WAIT to ride this. September trip!

I check this news thread every day in hopes that Smash Mouth is playing Food & Wine during our vacation this November. LOL

Could the Spacedhip earth ride access and queue possibly be moving back to where the exit is now? In project tomorrow?

I may be over analyzing the Epcot picture but does the entrance fountain look like it has a homage to the original fountain that had the lucite-looking “spires”?? (Totally the wrong word to describe them but it’s early and the coffee is still kicking in)

I tend to be an Epcot purist just due to fond nostalgia from childhood trips and I love the concept art! It’s very exciting!!

Last edited:
NEWS

Disney ranked #4 on Fast Company’s list of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” for 2019

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.co...mong-fast-companys-most-innovative-companies/

"The Walt Disney Company has taken the No. 4 spot on Fast Company’s list of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” for 2019, which spotlights the businesses that are making the most profound impact on both industry and culture and thriving in a rapidly changing world. Fast Company, one of the world’s leading business media brands, singled out Disney’s new and upcoming streaming services, and the Company’s commitment to deliver its unparalleled portfolio directly to consumers."

Could the Spacedhip earth ride access and queue possibly be moving back to where the exit is now? In project tomorrow?

I may be over analyzing the Epcot picture but does the entrance fountain look like it has a homage to the original fountain that had the lucite-looking “spires”?? (Totally the wrong word to describe them but it’s early and the coffee is still kicking in)

I tend to be an Epcot purist just due to fond nostalgia from childhood trips and I love the concept art! It’s very exciting!!

I think that is very possible and would fit - more space back there and is a better fit now that the line can sometimes back up for it (and I am sure will only increase after a major redo) so that mass of people takes away from the clean look of the entrance way, so makes sense to move it to the back

NEWS

Update about FP+ cancellation situation when cancelling a resort stay. Includes an additional restriction I hadn't heard mentioned before.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/myma...-to-fastpass-reduce-misuse-of-the-service.htm

The additional restriction is that if you have 10-day tickets but only a 4-night reservation, you will only be able to book fastpasses in your 60-day window for the part where you are on property (basically 5 days worth in this scenario). Then, you'll have to wait until your 30-day window opens to book the rest.

The additional restriction is that if you have 10-day tickets but only a 4-night reservation, you will only be able to book fastpasses in your 60-day window for the part where you are on property (basically 5 days worth in this scenario). Then, you'll have to wait until your 30-day window opens to book the rest.

makes sense - this seems to get at also preventing the true "throwaway room" where you reserve a cheap room for one night and keep it, pay for it, but don't use it but then had the 60 day booking window for the length of your ticket

Definitely think this is related to Galaxy's Edge as I could see people buying longer tickets and paying for one night at All Stars or whatever and try to book FP for the Galaxy's Edge attraction 70 days out ... now to do that they would have to book the room for 10 days as well

Wonder what happens if you book the room for 10 days, make your FP and then don't cancel but reduce your stay to only 1 night

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!