News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the points as well. And this might be a stupid question but, I thought when they changed points around, that there had to be give and take....Removing some and placing them elsewhere:confused3.... The first one I looked @..SSR every category in every season seems to have gone up & nothing came down.....Am I missing something?:teacher:

Therein lies the rub...the interpretation of HOW points can be reallocated/assigned and the reason for increasing 1 BR points when they are, for the most part, the slowest unit to be filled. It is a very tedious, minutia-filled issue. I personally am thankful for some dedicated, “watch dog”, analytical DVC owners who, at the very least, put DVC on notice that their actions are and will continue to be scrutinized for their decisions.

Yeah, if you normally get a 2 bedroom or bigger you are saving a few points. The rest of us not so much.

Well...Depending on where and when you stay. The week we would stay in a 2BR at BCV increased 5% - not a back-breaker but not insignificant. My point being, it’s not an across-the-board discount for 2 BRs.

Well...Depending on where and when you stay. The week we would stay in a 2BR at BCV increased 5% - not a back-breaker but not insignificant. My point being, it’s not an across-the-board discount for 2 BRs.
True, it is just less of an impact. I think some of the studios stayed the same in some seasons, like the values at AKL (I think). I paid more attention to my home resort since that is where we normally stay.

What they did with DVC points was shady and deceptive. It’s to increase bookings of 2Br units while opening up more studios/1br.

And yes, they told everyone that points had to be taken from one place to be added to another. But, they had something in fine print where they could just do what they want. Coming on the heels of dues increase and Top of World probably going away, it’s a big let down.

I think they consistently squeeze groups that are loyal (AP’s, etc), it’s DVC’s turn.

Yeah, if you normally get a 2 bedroom or bigger you are saving a few points. The rest of us not so much.
Not even that. We stay 2 bed exclusively now, and there was no difference between 2019 and 2020 for what we're staying in in 2020.

True, it is just less of an impact. I think some of the studios stayed the same in some seasons, like the values at AKL (I think). I paid more attention to my home resort since that is where we normally stay.

Value studios pretty much stayed the same....Value 1 BR's & 2 BR's went down.

That's a pretty significant jump in membership pricing. I'm not a member, is the $100 price tag worth it if you don't attend events?

I would say probably not. You get a member gift but otherwise unless you attend events I don't see a reason to have a paid membership.

Wow! that's a significant increase! With that increase, D23 needs to do something to expand the capacity of their events. My major complaint with D23 is that it's very difficult to obtain tickets for their events. I've been shut out of the events I've attempted to buy tickets for. Often the tickets sell out in seconds. I'll have to decided if I'm going to renew this year. One of my family members usually renews my membership as a Christmas gift but that didn't happen this year.

Wow! that's a significant increase! With that increase, D23 needs to do something to expand the capacity of their events. My major complaint with D23 is that it's very difficult to obtain tickets for their events. I've been shut out of the events I've attempted to buy tickets for. Often the tickets sell out in seconds. I'll have to decided if I'm going to renew this year. One of my family members usually renews my membership as a Christmas gift but that didn't happen this year.

LoL, They probably got wind of the increase as well.:sad2: Prior to this announcement

That's a pretty significant jump in membership pricing. I'm not a member, is the $100 price tag worth it if you don't attend events?

To us it was very much not worth it. And we even tried for events but they were either lackluster, or impossible to get a ticket for. We very much regretted joining.

And usually we have no problem with wasting money for Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!