News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also need to hire and train enough cast members to staff all the new attractions, stores, and food places. Plus additional staff for gondolas and added security and custodial.
I would expect Disney to have been aware of all of this when they made the decision to build these things. Planning ahead for the operational requirements is their job. So that's not a viable excuse to me.

Unexpected construction delays, yes.

Forgot about having to staff the various attractions and shops that they've been working on for years... no.

I would expect Disney to have been aware of all of this when they made the decision to build these things. Planning ahead for the operational requirements is their job. So that's not a viable excuse to me.

Unexpected construction delays, yes.

Forgot about having to staff the various attractions and shops that they've been working on for years... no.

I agree with your first part and third part, 100%.

I think that they, once again, did a poor job of project scheduling/execution. A solid master schedule builds in unexpected delays, gets complete stakeholder agreement, and then releases that schedule (especially when the public eye is keenly watching). In my mind, they are 0-2 in hitting their release dates on major attractions (Rise and now MMRR). So I guess if this is an unexpected construction delay that push out the release/open date is not acceptable to me. A master scheduler division has to perform an adequate job of querying the resources, frequently, and enough experience to add sufficient schedule buffer to hit their marks.

Because right now it has tolerable crowds, whether you want to spend a full day or not doesn’t matter. Come the end of August, the entire place will be saturated and it doesn’t have nearly enough to handle the demand. Future tense because it’s going to get much worse.

It’s a shame what’s become of my favorite park.
My pipedream hope is that the crowds and lack of offerings is at such odds that they fastrack more expansions for DHS. Though I highly doubt that’s the mindset for a variety of reasons

I didn’t say they forgot about it. But it is possible they underestimated how tight the labor market is right now. I heard they did not get enough applicants for Star Wars land and reopened the application process with lower standards.

I will always remember the advice given to us when we were in Italy regarding gelato. Never buy the ones that are super vivid colors. That means they've added dye to make it look more appealing! Food for thought (pun intended).

Also, if they are super puffy and like overflowing the container they are in then they are full of air and lower quality as wrll

Also, if they are super puffy and like overflowing the container they are in then they are full of air and lower quality as wrll

If it melts into foam and water, like Blue Bell ice cream here in Texas, then it's a low quality ice cream, with low butterfat content and a ton of air. However, gelato should naturally have a lower butterfat content than regular ice cream. I knew that ice cream store job in high school would pay off one day;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter