News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the DuckTales fans out there (I'm old school from the orginal series) ... Disney started rapidly burning off new episodes over the past two weeks with a new ep every day. I have it set to DVR any new eps, and all the sudden I stared seeing new episodes daily. It caught me off guard as I figured they would air weekly, but I guess in this age of binge watching they're dropping all the eps in one shot.

I don't understand that either. I've been watching for new episodes for months. such a weird release schedule.

Last edited:
A lot from that lull after the new renaissance period - Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Chicken Little, Treasure Planet, etc

Meet the Robinsons is such an underappreciated movie. We made "Keep Moving Forward" shirts to drink around the world. The back said "I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through".

Hunchback is also mostly ignored, though it is in HEA now, at least.

Meet the Robinsons is such an underappreciated movie. We made "Keep Moving Forward" shirts to drink around the world. The back said "I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through".

Hunchback is also mostly ignored, though it is in HEA now, at least.
Yeah, I can never find Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century merch. My kids used to watch that over and over.

Yeah, I can never find Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century merch. My kids used to watch that over and over.

As someone who grew up watching Under Wraps, Can of Worms, Brink, Halloweentown, Smart House, Johnny Tsunami, Don't Look Under The Bed, etc it would be neat to see official merchandise. I don't think the market is there, unfortunately.

As someone who grew up watching Under Wraps, Can of Worms, Brink, Halloweentown, Smart House, Johnny Tsunami, Don't Look Under The Bed, etc it would be neat to see official merchandise. I don't think the market is there, unfortunately.

Au contraire, I believe Halloweentown merch would be a huge seller. It's very popular but probably more of a seasonal seller.

Au contraire, I believe Halloweentown merch would be a huge seller. It's very popular but probably more of a seasonal seller.

I am a bit old for most of that (plus we didn't have cable growing up so no access to the Disney channel) ... but my kids are into Halloweentown (and the sequels) so I agree that at least during that season merch would sell well for it

To sell in the Parks I agree with you. The audience isn't really there. To have an online boutique presence? Absolutely. And this is where Disney drops the ball on revenue in favor of margin. Because there is no good reason that you can't do small lots and jobs these days of this kind of merch and just sell it online by order with a 6 week delay. Tons of places do it, it's a cheap and easy set up coming from overseas factories. At the prices Disney charges for their generic merchandise, you'd be hard pressed to make the same margin on this kind of merchandise, but you could easily make the revenue. Why don't they? Because it's a wart on the tail of the dog as far as Disney is concerned and not worth doing. And margin is just as important a number as revenue by department accounting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!