News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWS

Kari Skogland has been set to direct the six-part Disney+ miniseries The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, with Avengers: Endgame‘s Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan starring. Sources said Captain America: Civil War‘s Daniel Bruhl and Emily Van Camp are also in talks to join. The miniseries will air in August 2020.

She has directed episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale, the pilot block of AMC’s NOS4A2 starring Zachary Quinto and the pilot block of Starz’s The Rook.

RUMOR Part
I’d heard that Mackie’s accepting the shield from Captain America at the end of Avengers: Endgame will figure into the miniseries, but the studio had no comment on where it goes.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/kari-s...-stan-daniel-bruhl-emily-van-camp-1202619197/

Is it just me or does this trailer basically confirm that every Toy Story Film has the same plot? Toys are connected to someone, Toy leaves somehow, other toys go find the toy that ran away, and then most likely has a happy ending. I know Pixar prides itself on only doing movies when they feel like they have a great idea (I heard someone that works there give a talk once on how they choose their movies). This idea has been the same since the 90’s...

Now I love Toy Story. It’s my second favorite Disney/Pixar movie/franchise. I just think this is getting old. I will definitely still see this movie.

Is it just me or does this trailer basically confirm that every Toy Story Film has the same plot? Toys are connected to someone, Toy leaves somehow, other toys go find the toy that ran away, and then most likely has a happy ending. I know Pixar prides itself on only doing movies when they feel like they have a great idea (I heard someone that works there give a talk once on how they choose their movies). This idea has been the same since the 90’s...

yeah, definitely same general plot - but different angle and themes addressed I suppose

Toy Story 3 was great, so I will at least give this one the benefit of the doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter