News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought into DVC resale. I had debating on going direct, but I just didn't like the two resorts they were selling right now especially with the resale restrictions, high dues, and high points chart for Rivera. Ah well, it may not be the worst thing to decrease the frequency of my trips a tad.

You made a good choice. It’s hard to justify going direct now with the outrageous prices.

Interesting. I still dont get this. Just raise the hotel prices by a dollar or two .. no one would even notice.

They still seem to be not enforcing this. I went in November and when we checked in at the desk I was ASKED if I had a car on site. I told them yes, but I was grandfathered in because I made my reservation before the change and I was not charged.

I went again in March and never checked in at the front desk - just did online check in. So Disney had no way of knowing if I had a car onsite or if I was dropped off by a taxi. And since they never knew, I never saw the parking fee line item on my bill (i could have missed it, but didnt see it).

So when I go in November .. if I never TELL anyone I drove -- will I be charged? Because I am fine doing online check-in and skipping the front desk (even though desk check-in is part of the excitement)
In January we told them we drove and was never charged. I don’t know what Disney is doing when it comes to parking charges.

I’ve been charged 2/3rds of the time I’ve stayed at Disney. I say you guys not being charged are very lucky.
When asked I told them we drove, when I checked out we had no charges on the bill. I guess Disney charges if security says you have a vehicle.

I think this is just noting that they were extended. I thought they were extended a while ago but I could be wrong.

The extension for the Disney Springs Hotels was announced some time ago. But I believe the extension for the other hotels (Four Seasons Orlando Resort, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando) is what's new.

What do we think the tower is going to be like at Coronado? Feel like a deluxe?

I'm asking - for less than the cost of just a room only (no tickets, no dining) at Yacht Club, I can get the same amount of nights, plus 2 9 day hoppers, plus dining that now includes alcohol in a tower room water view. Also gondola access would be fun.

Would you switch? By the time I add in one hopper, dining to Yacht Club stay, I'd be saving around $1600 or so.

Problem is I have an AP, not activated. But we're going back in 2022/23 so I can use it then.

I'm asking - for less than the cost of just a room only (no tickets, no dining) at Yacht Club, I can get the same amount of nights, plus 2 9 day hoppers, plus dining that now includes alcohol in a tower room water view. Also gondola access would be fun.

Would you switch? By the time I add in one hopper, dining to Yacht Club stay, I'd be saving around $1600 or so.

Problem is I have an AP, not activated. But we're going back in 2022/23 so I can use it then.
FYI, Coronado is not on the gondola, moderate Caribbean Beach and the new Riviera tower are on the gondola (might be the cause for the confusion)

FYI, Coronado is not on the gondola, moderate Caribbean Beach and the new Riviera tower are on the gondola (might be the cause for the confusion)

Yes thank you! I knew that, I keep making that mistake! :) We talked, we would Uber if buses take too long.

But would you switch? :)

Last edited:

Yes I think it will have a deluxe-ish feel. It opens in a weeks. It has a club level which other mods do not have. Also have a top level dining venue.

I also love Yacht and Beach and that price is only going to go up in the future so if you can swing that now I would stay there and save Coronado for later maybe.

Yes I think it will have a deluxe-ish feel. It opens in a weeks. It has a club level which other mods do not have. Also have a top level dining venue.

I also love Yacht and Beach and that price is only going to go up in the future so if you can swing that now I would stay there and save Coronado for later maybe.
Probably. I generally choose a moderate when I run out of DVC points.
Unless you were talking NYE..where walking back from Epcot is priceless.

We've stayed Yacht/Beach a bunch. Issue is prices went up more than I expected. If we had one more extra paycheck month (those are our trip/fun checks) before trip in May there would be no issue. But we have to go in May, and the extra paycheck isn't until July. Coronado would give us so much breathing room.

If AP discounts come out after all, then we definitely would stay Yacht.

We are going again in 2023, so 3 years of 3 paycheck months will definitely afford us a very nice room at Yacht/Beach. :)

We've stayed Yacht/Beach a bunch. Issue is prices went up more than I expected. If we had one more extra paycheck month (those are our trip/fun checks) before trip in May there would be no issue. But we have to go in May, and the extra paycheck isn't until July. Coronado would give us so much breathing room.

If AP discounts come out after all, then we definitely would stay Yacht.

We are going again in 2023, so 3 years of 3 paycheck months will definitely afford us a very nice room at Yacht/Beach. :)
Then do what works best for you. They have done a lot of work to Coronado. I am excited to check it out in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter