News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait I want my ornament!

I was actually just talking to my wife about this. What about the AP's that went to the parties that already happened. Seems pretty bogus to me.

Disney reusable bags now range in price from $2-3 up a little bit from $1-2.
$2 - $2.50 - $3

Yep, I was the guy that bought a size of each bag that he saw (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, World of Disney, and the generic one they were selling at Pop Century). Glad I did that when everything was a dollar cheaper. We use them to transport our groceries so we don't have to use plastic bags anymore.

Nothing wrong with the Riverboat, but all that room back there? Just think of what you can do with that real estate and how you can connect the two areas around Tom Sawyer's island. That would excite me.

I believe the Rivers of America is an integral part of the MK drainage system, as a cleverly disguised retention pond, and thus you cannot fill it in and build over it.

Last edited:

I believe the Rivers of America is an integral part of the MK drainage system, as a cleverly disguised retention pond, and thus you cannot fill it in and build over it.

If that's the case, it's just a more expensive project.

If that's the case, it's just a more expensive project.

There is also the waterway in and out they use for transporting ships and for the repair area/dry dock - so I agree it would be hard to totally get rid of it

Now, I think they could do like what they did at Disneyland which is reroute it/shorten it a bit and build a new land on the far side and have that as another way to connect around to Fronteirland as well

Well that's an interesting approach that should definitely push it to the top. I wonder if this was planned previously, or if they just saw how close the numbers were and thought we have to get it to #1 somehow.

Eh, I wouldn't count on it. Avatar also did a re-release while it was still in theaters and it only made around another 20 million. I think it will be close. I've been waiting to see it a second time and now I'll definitely do so.

There is also the waterway in and out they use for transporting ships and for the repair area/dry dock - so I agree it would be hard to totally get rid of it

Now, I think they could do like what they did at Disneyland which is reroute it/shorten it a bit and build a new land on the far side and have that as another way to connect around to Fronteirland as well

Wipe out the Native American village, along the railroad, for a true Frontier experience. /Rail narrator voice.

Last edited:
Anyone else think this was the plan all along if they didn't top Avatar through the first release?
Probably. They have to figure out which deleted footage should be included in the blu-ray release anyway so they can just include some of that here.

Well that's an interesting approach that should definitely push it to the top. I wonder if this was planned previously, or if they just saw how close the numbers were and thought we have to get it to #1 somehow.
Probably. They have to figure out which deleted footage should be included in the blu-ray release anyway so they can just include some of that here.
The new footage is just a post credit scene. And the film is still $45 million behind Avatar, which pulled in ~$33 million from its worldwide rerelease. Passing Avatar is still not a guarantee. Still unknown if this is a worldwide release or how wide of a domestic release it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter