News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
News of Disney World getting Rise of the Resistance not only this year, but before Disneyland, is shocking to me.

Disney must be at least partially attributing the (relative) commercial flop of Galaxy’s Edge in DL to a delayed ROTR. Based on the wording on the parks blog, it’s all hands on deck at WDW. They are trying to ensure WDW’s Galaxy’s Edge meets their expectations financially.
They announced it would open before the year ended, so that part didn't surprise me. But yes, surprised that it is opening before DL.

A bridge is something I would love! I enjoy walking from the TTC to the Grand right now since it is a very relaxing path. If I can do a daily walk from the TTC to the Contemporary (the long way), that would be awesome!

Disney needs to realize the value of being able to walk. They should create walking paths from as many hotels to parks as they can, even if a mile or more. They could rent divvy bikes for the paths!

Seriously, living in a walkable city, I hate visiting places that don't have usable sidewalks.

I hope it's true. It's very long overdue!
And just like that, the MK hotels are BACK IN PLAY!!!

If this really comes to fruition, it could convince us to finally try the Grand Floridian one day. We could walk to MK and to the TTC! (past the Poly)
A bridge is something I would love! I enjoy walking from the TTC to the Grand right now since it is a very relaxing path. If I can do a daily walk from the TTC to the Contemporary (the long way), that would be awesome!
Agreed, this would make me so happy! I am only staying at CR for a short split this fall because of the walk back after MNSSHP. I would love to have that option at GF!

It would also relieve a lot of stress on the second floor of the lobby during the holiday season when people are flooding the resort for the tree and gingerbread house. The elevators and updated security were a nightmare the past two years.

You mean the temporary Water pagent that has been around for decades? I dont think it needs to go anywhere, they can just make a bridge like they have at epcot, they could even close the path at dark or something if they dont want to invest in a glorified bridge attendant for the night time water pagent

That would be very sad! I saw the staging area and heard them testing it during one of my Conch Key stays. It was a highlight of that room!
I love the Conch Key building at GF, it deff has a few water view rooms that have the added benefit of not being official park view rooms but still afford you that luxury

Disney needs to realize the value of being able to walk. They should create walking paths from as many hotels to parks as they can, even if a mile or more. They could rent divvy bikes for the paths!

Seriously, living in a walkable city, I hate visiting places that don't have usable sidewalks.

I enjoy a good walk - but I am coming from the other side - we don't have any sidewalks near us and used to driving everywhere

no idea what divvy bikes are but could be neat if they had pikes or those Lime Scooter things or something for people to use and have them parked at the hotels and the park entrances

I enjoy a good walk - but I am coming from the other side - we don't have any sidewalks near us and used to driving everywhere

no idea what divvy bikes are but could be neat if they had pikes or those Lime Scooter things or something for people to use and have them parked at the hotels and the park entrances

Divvy bikes (and now scooters) are rentable bikes that are placed throughout the city. You can rent one for as long as you want and return them to whatever station you are near. Disney could conceivably build these walking/bike paths and have Divvy stations at each park entrance. Relatively cheap transportation. :)

Obviously not everyone's tastes, but I'm sure there are a lot of people like me and Micky who would love a good walk or bike ride to the parks.

chicago-illinois-a-station-for-divvy-bikes-the-chicago-bicycle-sharing-FX4469.jpg

Walkway should have been completed a while ago. Agree that hopefully they are be able to incorporate a bridge that would allow the EWP to continue. At the end of the night the monorails are packed, and the GF is the last stop coming back from MK so walking is a no brainer. Yes there's a boat that's a rather quick ride but I would definitely prefer to walk at that point.

Divvy bikes (and now scooters) are rentable bikes that are placed throughout the city. You can rent one for as long as you want and return them to whatever station you are near. Disney could conceivably build these walking/bike paths and have Divvy stations at each park entrance. Relatively cheap transportation. :)

Obviously not everyone's tastes, but I'm sure there are a lot of people like me and Micky who would love a good walk or bike ride to the parks.

View attachment 416454
In Milwaukee we have Bublr bikes which is the same concept.

Looks like our Sept, Oct, January plan worked out well. Although we figured first week of Sept would just be a relaxing trip before SWGE we're excited to be there early on. Then our first week of January we can do RotR. October may be our relaxing(ish) trip. Fun times!!

We booked bounceback deals ages ago for two short trips...Sept 1-6 and Dec 12-15, expecting both to be relatively quiet trips. (I just retired from teaching, and was excited to go during non-peak weeks.) I’m not sure if Disney loves me or hates me by opening the two phases of SWGE just before each trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!