News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divvy bikes (and now scooters) are rentable bikes that are placed throughout the city. You can rent one for as long as you want and return them to whatever station you are near. Disney could conceivably build these walking/bike paths and have Divvy stations at each park entrance. Relatively cheap transportation. :)

Obviously not everyone's tastes, but I'm sure there are a lot of people like me and Micky who would love a good walk or bike ride to the parks.

View attachment 416454

ah, ok, we have those but they are called Citi Bikes

Didn't know if Divvy was like a type of bike, but I guess just a brand

Walkway should have been completed a while ago. Agree that hopefully they are be able to incorporate a bridge that would allow the EWP to continue. At the end of the night the monorails are packed, and the GF is the last stop coming back from MK so walking is a no brainer. Yes there's a boat that's a rather quick ride but I would definitely prefer to walk at that point.

I think they need to get other boats in an out of that pathway for the shipyard where they do the work on the boats, so they would definitely need to do a draw bridge or something. I mean, they have one at EPCOT that is bigger than this one would need to be so they could definitely do that

That would be perfect. Grand Floridian’s transportation is the main reason I won’t stay there again. This solves that.

I just hope this doesn’t mean the end of the water pageant.
It’s definitely a concern but they need that waterway for other things as well that won’t be going away. There are plenty of ways to keep it and have a walking path.

I agree with on Finn and Rose for the most part. I do like Rose as a character though. She was one of my favorite things about TLJ aside from, yes, that story line went nowhere. I still that as a character she added to the film. But the character treatment of Finn in both TFA and TLJ was horrendous, imo.

And I have to disagree with you that the angry about diversity thing is just something popular to post. All of the hatred that I saw and especially the hatred that I continue to see focuses on Kathleen Kennedy and her SJW agenda. Sure, that isn't you and you have some valid criticism as well as others. But even with your criticisms Finn and Rose's race/sex have nothing to do with the issues. The issues are story and whether Finn was white and Rose was a male or a white female it still would have fallen flat and some people, not you, focus in on the race/sex as the root of the problem. There is a lot of sexist crap thrown at Kathleen Kennedy. The actress that plays Rose was harassed so much online to the point that she had to delete her IG account. So we can't say that sexism/racism isn't a very real problem with some of the hatred for TLJ.
I don't like to indulge in more than one OT post so after one more thought I will happily leave this in "agree to disagree" territory! Always ok! :)

IMO, every time an issue intersects with politics it takes on a ludicrous life of its own. But in these situations -- TLJ criticism, the recent Little Mermaid thing, etc.) -- the actually offensive posts on the topic are absolutely BURIED by posts attacking the former. This is true wrt Twitter, FB, etc. -- just take a look at the share of posts when a hashtag trends, let's say. Then various groups with agendas (political, publicity, seeking 'likes', etc.) pour gasoline on the fire and help make it look much larger. And then there's the issue of anyone who doesn't fall perfectly in line with the latter group being lumped in with the offensive people (which you didn't do but happens ALL the time). In other words, those who are ACTUALLY being offensive are a very small share -- demonstrable from post numbers and who keeps the story alive IMO.

Disney needs to realize the value of being able to walk. They should create walking paths from as many hotels to parks as they can, even if a mile or more. They could rent divvy bikes for the paths!

Seriously, living in a walkable city, I hate visiting places that don't have usable sidewalks.

One of my favorite parts about staying at Boardwalk was the ability to walk to EPCOT. Im also from a walkable city so I am more inclined to walk than take a bus.

Disney needs to realize the value of being able to walk. They should create walking paths from as many hotels to parks as they can, even if a mile or more. They could rent divvy bikes for the paths!

Seriously, living in a walkable city, I hate visiting places that don't have usable sidewalks.
BINGO!!! SAME!!! I have been a broken record on this wrt Riviera... if it was walkable to at least Epcot, would have been an absolute game changer for us. We own at BLT and will be sticking with that for our longer trips, but I would totally book the occasional cash stay at GF if they build this.

I'm learning from this thread every city seems to have their own version.

Get with it WDW! ;)

Considering the number of bikes that have been pulled out of various waterways around Seattle I'm not sure having these next to bay lake is a good idea. Plus people would try and use them property wide and they don't need to be biking on those roads. Plus I don't want to walk aroubd outside the parks and see bikes all over the place. It's good in concept but not for wdw imo.

Considering the number of bikes that have been pulled out of various waterways around Seattle I'm not sure having these next to bay lake is a good idea. Plus people would try and use them property wide and they don't need to be biking on those roads. Plus I don't want to walk aroubd outside the parks and see bikes all over the place. It's good in concept but not for wdw imo.

I think it would be great! Obviously it would involve bike paths and the like, but if Chicago and other cities can make bike paths, WDW certainly can. And I don't think the amount of people who would actually use the bikes would cause much disruption.
Divvy is wildly popular here, has been for a few years. We don't seem to be pulling bikes out of our rivers and the lake though. ;)

Obviously this will never happen, but it should.

Critic reviews of The Lion King aren't fantastic. Praise for the tech, not a lot for the story. Seems like critics are either unhappy that it is so shot for shot, or annoyed that where it doesn't go shot for shot they added 30 minutes that don't seem to improve on the original. Still, several critics, while being critical, expect it to make a mint regardless of their opinions.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lion-king-reviews-what-critics-are-saying-1223862

I think it would be great! Obviously it would involve bike paths and the like, but if Chicago and other cities can make bike paths, WDW certainly can. And I don't think the amount of people who would actually use the bikes would cause much disruption.
Divvy is wildly popular here, has been for a few years. We don't seem to be pulling bikes out of our rivers and the lake though. ;)

Obviously this will never happen, but it should.
Oh yeah Disney wouldn't want these on roads at WDW. They don't even have sidewalks around WDW for the most part let alone bike lanes.

I think they need to get other boats in an out of that pathway for the shipyard where they do the work on the boats, so they would definitely need to do a draw bridge or something. I mean, they have one at EPCOT that is bigger than this one would need to be so they could definitely do that

Totally forgot about the Liberty Belle

Critic reviews of The Lion King aren't fantastic. Praise for the tech, not a lot for the story. Seems like critics are either unhappy that it is so shot for shot, or annoyed that where it doesn't go shot for shot they added 30 minutes that don't seem to improve on the original. Still, several critics, while being critical, expect it to make a mint regardless of their opinions.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lion-king-reviews-what-critics-are-saying-1223862
Yeah about 60% on Rotten Tomatoes. Some do seem to like it otherwise lots of negatives.

Oh yeah Disney wouldn't want these on roads at WDW. They don't even have sidewalks around WDW for the most part let alone bike lanes.

It would be too huge of a financial undertaking for them to consider with all the infrastructure changes on the roads and such that would be needed...but if they let me talk to them, I can be very convincing...:ssst:

Hmm, let me start my cost-benefit analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!