News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't want to get into a discussion of this - but I don't get why people are so upset about the cats trailer - it essentially does what the show does and have it be cats represented by humans. A lot of people slag on the show - and my guess is if you don't like the show, you won't like film - but as far as I'm concerned they captured the way the show is pretty well. Now sure it'll get me to see it in theaters, but I liked it.

Also - point out that the 3D of Minion Mayhem seems to only be removed in California, not Florida. I don't know why you would remove the 3D of these shows. I've always thought that if people don't like 3D, they should have some special non-3D glasses for those guests (glasses that have the same polarization in both lenses).
They removed the 3D in CA a couple of months ago, Florida just removed 3D in the past week.

I guess I don't want to get into a discussion of this - but I don't get why people are so upset about the cats trailer - it essentially does what the show does and have it be cats represented by humans. A lot of people slag on the show - and my guess is if you don't like the show, you won't like film - but as far as I'm concerned they captured the way the show is pretty well. Now sure it'll get me to see it in theaters, but I liked it.

Also - point out that the 3D of Minion Mayhem seems to only be removed in California, not Florida. I don't know why you would remove the 3D of these shows. I've always thought that if people don't like 3D, they should have some special non-3D glasses for those guests (glasses that have the same polarization in both lenses).

The show uses makeup which really helps provide depth to the entire actor. The wigs are exaggerated to help shape the actors head. The cat nose makeup helps to blend the human face with a cat face. The characters in the movie look so flat it's unsettling. There are some elements of a human that just don't jive well when being put on an animals form. Like realistic sized human teeth in Sonic the Hedgehog's mouth.

I'm not a fan of the broadway show, I have no horse in the race. But the CGI used in the movie just looks way too unnatural. It's like the actors faces are stuck on a fake body (cause they are) which is way more unsettling than the makeup in the show.

But hey, if you like the way they did it than more power to you. Most of the stills don't look terrible, but when they start talking...yikes.

The show uses makeup which really helps provide depth to the entire actor. The wigs are exaggerated to help shape the actors head. The cat nose makeup helps to blend the human face with a cat face. The characters in the movie look so flat it's unsettling. There are some elements of a human that just don't jive well when being put on an animals form. Like realistic sized human teeth in Sonic the Hedgehog's mouth.

I'm not a fan of the broadway show, I have no horse in the race. But the CGI used in the movie just looks way too unnatural. It's like the actors faces are stuck on a fake body (cause they are) which is way more unsettling than the makeup in the show.

But hey, if you like the way they did it than more power to you. Most of the stills don't look terrible, but when they start talking...yikes.

View attachment 418607
WOW, I haven't been following much about the cats remake. Love the broadway show, but this looks like an image that belongs in HHN at universal....

View attachment 418607
Agree on all points. To me they just look so strange and dare I say... naked... It's just unsettling.

Any rumors about what’s wrong with Primeval Whirl? It seems to me that it either has to be a parts issue or it’s nearing the end of life for the ride.

Why they put a traveling carnival ride from a small random French company in Animal Kingdom still perplexes me.

Any rumors about what’s wrong with Primeval Whirl? It seems to me that it either has to be a parts issue or it’s nearing the end of life for the ride.

Why they put a traveling carnival ride from a small random French company in Animal Kingdom still perplexes me.
I want to say that I read somebody say it was a parts issue, and they were waiting on them to come in to make the necessary repairs.

It’s a part issue. And it’s not the first time this has happened, but it is the longest downtime from it I’m aware of. I’ve witnessed parts falling off this ride multiple times.

Any updates of the Tower of Terror refurbishment? I'm guessing they'll just try to have it complete before 8/29? Our trip is in 23 days so hoping sooner than 8/29

Ugh - really? Why would they do that. I don't remotely get motion sickness in that ride - It's not that great to begin with, why pull the 3D?
Here's a comment regarding the motion sickness aspect from a poster a few months ago in regards to the Hollywood version:

"Minions with 3D is difficult and can get barfy and I spend time with my eyes closed. There are many aspects of it that aren’t “wow” but are gimmicky. The screen isn’t in focus the whole time.

Minions with 2D as I just experienced on Saturday has a slightly changed storyline, is very good, isn’t barfy at all, I spent NO time with my eyes closed, and barely even noticed the slightly different storyline. And it was all crisp and clear visually."

It's obviously not a change beloved by all for sure though and that above is just one opinion. I know people were ok-ish with Hollywood but upset at the prospect of Orlando changing and well..we know how that is going now.

FWIW Minions and the like are not rides that I tend to ride more than once so for my benefit I would simply not ride it again. On the other hand if I felt like it may not trigger my motion sickness as much I would try again. I don't care either way but can see how a 2D version may lead me to ride a ride I wasn't previously able to re-ride. And of course for me I'm totally ok with not riding something so it's not a case of "just go ride something else leave this ride alone" type viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!